19

Millie's POV:

I woke up in an unfamiliar place, I started to panic. I saw my phone on a bedside table and I checked the time. 3:24am I needed to leave, I stood up and felt something beneath my feet.

"Ow!" I heard , I jumped back onto the bed and realised it was finn on the floor, I took a sigh of relief and chuckled.

"Are you Ok?" I asked whilst chuckling. He sat up and ruffled his curly hair.

"Yeah" he replied.

"Wow you do sound sarcastic when you're tired" I replied smirking.

"What?" He asked confused. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

"Wait why am I here and not at my cabin and why are you on the floor and not on the bed?" I laughed. I'd then realised I asked Finn why he didn't voluntarily get in bed with me.

"Not long after you fell asleep so did I, I woke up and it was 1am and by the time I had carried you back-" he started.

"You carried me the whole way?" I asked surprised.

"Well yeah you wouldn't wake up and I wasn't going to leave you" He chuckled. "Anyway I got back and your cabin was locked, I tried knocking but nobody answered and I didn't want to call in case I woke them up. I guess your mom thought you'd come back to the cabin already or something. So I put you in my bed and I slept on the floor because I thought you wouldn't be comfortable with me sleeping in the same bed as you" He smiled.

"Thank you. So much" I grinned.

"You're welcome" he was proud of himself, I could tell."I'm going back to sleep now Brown, night" he chuckled.

"Uh no. You're not sleeping down there, this is your bed I should be sleeping on the floor." I stated.

"No Millie really it's fine you sleep up there" he replied.

"No. Come on or I'll drag you. Swap" I demanded.

"No" he groaned.

"Urgh fine at least come up here with me. Then it's fair, your bed is big enough for the both of us and we're friends so it's okay" I smiled.

"Really? You're fine with that?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"Finn we're friends of course it's fine" I chuckled. He got up with his blanket that was once placed on the ground and laid besides me leaving a few centimetres between us. We sat in silence for a few minutes but I couldn't sleep.

"F-finn I'm sorry" I blurted out. I couldn't stop thinking about me lashing out on him.

"Huh? For what?" He replied.

"I still feel really bad for lashing out on you" I said with a tear falling down my face. "It wasn't your fault but I took it out on you" I sniffled. He brought me into a hug.

"Millie please don't cry it's okay, I never found a way to contact you when I should have Ok? Don't feel bad Ok? And we're here now and I'm never leaving again Ok?" He hugged me tight.

"Promise?" I asked sniffling.

"Promise" he replied , now sniffling too. My eyelids felt heavy and I soon fell asleep in Finns embrace, I felt safe, but most importantly, happy.

Finns POV: *few hours earlier*

I woke up and it was pitch black , the only light I could see were the street lamps in the town beneath us, I checked my phone and it was 1:12am, I sighed. Millie still had her head on my shoulder, I tried to nudge her but she wouldn't wake up.

"Millie" I whispered. "Millie" I said even louder. "Millie" I said now practically shouting. I tried moving her and she wasn't waking up. I chuckled and picked her up bridal style. I looked at the forest that I needed to walk through. Darkness. I had to try and navigate myself through there with no light, alone (basically), at night? No thanks. I sighed.

"You can do this" I whispered to myself. When I got in the forest I could see, but not much. I made my way around trees with my heart beating out of my chest the whole time before I came across the infamous long road. I took a sigh of relief, grateful that it was over. I was walking down the road before a car pulled over.

"Hey, boy!" A guy who looked about 20 got out. I turned around. "You spiked her? Is she out?" He asked raising an eyebrow.

"No what the fuck. She's asleep" I replied harshly. This guy must have thought I was older, I'm tall so that makes sense.

"I'll pay you for her. Come on I know you're lying" he smirked.

"You're not having her for money" I snickered and started to walk faster.

"I'll give you $100" he laughed. "I know what you're going to do to her boy. I'd rather do it myself" He licked his lips.

"Fucking creep leave her alone" I walked faster. The guy caught up and grabbed her thigh. I managed to kick him in the balls and run as fast as I could with Millie still in my arms. I felt a tear slowly trickle down my cheek as I came closer to the cabins praying this disgusting man wasn't behind us and when I eventually reached ours I looked behind and thankfully he was gone. I made my way down the short corridor and tried opening Millie's door. Locked. I knocked. No answer. I sighed and tried my door. Unlocked. I took a sigh of relief and made my way quietly to my room, my
Mom wasn't awake.

"Nobody's going to hurt you" I said to Millie , knowing she couldn't hear. I didn't want to tell her about tonight, she didn't need to know. I took her shoes off , took off her coat, put her phone on the bedside table and placed her on my bed. I put the blanket over her , grabbed the spare one from a storage cupboard and placed it on the floor. I grabbed a pillow and laid down. I sighed. I was glad that guy didn't get her. He offered me money for Millie bobby brown. She's worth the world , you couldn't buy her from me, especially not to do what he was intending to.

I was staring at the ceiling wide awake before I heard ruffling around. Millie checked her phone and then stood on me unexpectedly , I squealed in pain because yes , it hurt. She must've thought that she woke me up but, she didn't because I was awake thinking of that man who wanted to buy my best friend to rape her.

A/n

I know this ones a bit different , I didn't like writing this one, I hate writing about bad things happening to good people but you know, things happen. I don't know when the time skip will be but it will be soon ❤️