39

Millie's POV:

I wake up to an unfamiliar room, a hospital room. I look over to my side and see finn looking down at his hands. I sit up and his head shoots up. He takes a sigh of relief and hugs me tightly.

"Oh my god I'm so glad you're ok." He smiles.

"Me too. I'm so sorry for making you worry." I chuckle.

"It's fine. It's my fault for not checking up on you." He smiles.

"No! Stop saying you need to check up on me, I'm fine." I smile and grab his hand. Iris then walks through the door and sighs.

"Iris!" Finn smiles as he gets up and hugs her.

"And she's awake! How great." Iris fake smiles.

"Yeah" I sigh.

"How fun." She grins spitefully. Finn looks at iris then me, noticing the tension between us.

"So iris, why are you even here?" I ask curiously.

"Just to check up on an old friend." She smiles. "Anything wrong with that?" She asks.

"Of course not. But if you'd excuse me I'd like to talk to my best friend, you know, the one that didn't leave me?" I sarcastically smile. Finn chuckles, iris gives him a dirty look so he instantly stops. She rolls her eyes and leaves the room.

"Finn I'm sick and tired of being scared of her." I sigh.

"She's not do-" he starts.

"No shush I'm speaking. I'm going to tell you what I did." I sigh. This is it.

"Are you sure?" He asks.

"I'm ready. I don't want to be scared of her anymore." I look down. "It happened at a sleepover when we were 9" I look him in the eye.

Flashback:

"Let's play a game!" Iris says excitedly, me and iris' sister Kelsey anticipated to know what iris was thinking.

"Let's sit in a basket and slide down the stairs!" Iris says.

"Yes!" I agree.

"I wanna go first!" Kelsey announces.

"I'll push you!" I say excitedly.

"Ok I'll get the basket." Iris says rushing to another room. She comes back and places the basket at the top of the stairs. Iris' stairs go down like a balcony and then turn and go straight down. (Like 2 sets of stairs but high up.)

"Ok lets go" Kelsey says sitting in the basket. I giggle and give her a strong push she slides down a few steps before the basket stops, sending her flying over the balcony part. She plummeted down to the first floor and landed. Me and iris screamed before running downstairs, greeted by iris' mother.

"WHAT HAPPENED?!" She shouts. Me and iris look at each other.

"She slid down the stairs in the basket-and-she- I don't know!" Iris screams. Her mum calls an ambulance. We stand there and watch her body get taken into the back of the van and watch it drive away. Me and iris left alone in the house.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" Iris screams as she hits me.

"NO! IRIS! STOP!" I say as I pull her into a tight hug. She pulls away. "It was your idea. We will both get in trouble if anyone finds out it was us" I add.

"You May Be Right, but it's your fault." She cries. "I'm going to make your life a living hell millie bobby brown." She announces. My mum comes through the door.

"Are you two okay?" She asks with tears streaming down her cheeks.

"Why are you crying?" I ask.

"Iris. I-um. Your sister d-didn't make it honey. I'm so sorry." She announces. "Your mother is on her way home." She sighs. "I'm so sorry."

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!" Iris screams in my face. I start crying and I run home. Not looking back. It's all my fault. I killed my best friends sister.

End of flashback.

"Oh my god-" finn says with a look of shock on his face. Surprisingly he pulls me in for a hug. "It's okay millie. It wasn't your fault, okay?" He smiles.

"Thank you." I smile with a tear trickling down my cheek. "That's why iris is with you finn. She knows it'll hurt me. I'm so sorry." I cry.

"Millie. It's fine. I'm so sorry for not listening to you when you first told me she was bad news. I'm breaking up with her Ok? I won't mention the story to her, I'll tell her that I just don't feel the same way. Okay?" He smiles.

"Thank you finn. I love you." I hug him again.

"I love you too Mills." He whispers. "And I'll do everything it takes to make sure she doesn't ruin your life. You deserve to be happy." He sniffles.

"Same goes to you finnie." I chuckle.

"Now." He says pulling away. "How the hell did you do that?" He asks chuckling and pointing at the bandage on my wrist.

"Oh I punched the mirror." I say chuckling.

"And why did you do that?" He asks.

"The whole iris thing. And my life in general I guess, but as long as I have you I know everything will get better." I smile.

"Good. And I'm not leaving" he says giggling.

"Good because I need you a lot." I laugh.

"Oh I can tell." He says smirking. I hit him lightly and we both burst into a fit of laughter. God I'm lucky to have him.

A/N

Two days in a row! What a miracle! I'm even thinking of writing more tonight. To apologise for being so lazy