Chapter 5: Conception

"Who are you?" Jaejoong asked calmly. "What is your relationship with Minah and Junki-sshi?"

You could say, I'm...their family.

"You're related to them?"

Hopefully so.

"Hopefully so?" Jaejoong blinked confusedly at the transparent being.

I don't have much time left to explain. That hospital has ruined the lives of many women and those who love them. There were quite a few related yet unreported deaths. I don't want to see anymore people get hurt, especially Minah and Junki. Looking down at his hands, he realized that they were fading. I...can't stay.

"Wait. Are you the one who prevented them from entering the gate last time?"

Yes. I've used up a lot of my energy in order to do so. I'm afraid that I won't be able to regain my strength in time. Keep her away... His voice trailed off as he vanished before Jaejoong's eyes.

"He's gone." Jaejoong looked over at Yunho. "Did you sense any bad vibes?"

"Not at all."

"What are you hyungs still doing out here?" Changmin interrupted. "Is there another office, I mean housemate relationship sprouting that I should know of?"

"Junsu, you really have to give me an answer soon," Yoochun requested from the blushing young man who was walking a couple steps ahead of him. They have returned to get the rest of the equipment inside. "We can't let them beat us in becoming a couple."

"It's not a contest," Junsu protested.

"I never said it was," Yoochun supplied.

"Yoochun hyung is using Yunho and Jaejoong hyung as an excuse to push you for an answer," Changmin enlightened.

"You mustn't give away my secret, gadget kid." Yoochun smirked. "My plan was almost going to work. I could see Junsu wavering."

"I wasn't wavering and my answer is 'no'." Junsu stuck his tongue out at Yoochun. "Jaejoong hyung, feel free to date Yunho hyung if you like."

"T-There's nothing going on between me and Yunho," Jaejoong claimed.

"Ooh, you're stuttering just like Junsu did earlier," Yoochun taunted. "I sense the birth of another romance."

"I guess I'm the only one who is actually working here," Changmin teased.

"There really is nothing going on between us," Yunho affirmed. "We were visited by the spirit just now. The gadget picked up his voice and I could hear a part of his conversation with Jaejoong."

"Only a part?" Changmin inquired in disappointment.

"Yeah. There was a lot of static."

"Kiss the screen of your gadget," Changmin instructed. "I want to take a look at it."

"I beg your pardon?" Yunho thought he heard it wrong.

"Oh, right. I forgot to inform all of you how to transform the wristband back into the robot. Well, you need to press your lips onto the screen. I placed a tiny scanner on each of your gadgets to recognize the print of your lips. This way, no one else could unlock and steal them from you. Good idea, right?"