Chapter 19: Inheritance (case closed)

"Junsu?" Jaejoong went over to the younger man's side. "Are you getting another premonition?"

Quickly pulling away from Ethan, Junsu replied with a nod. "Yes."

"What did you see?"

"The victim's face."

"Is it..?"

"Yeah, it's him."

"Sorry Ariel-sshi," Jaejoong apologized. "We need to go back to the headquarter to tell the others. I'll return shortly to help you with dinner."

"No worries," Ariel insisted. "I could handle dinner myself. You go do what you have to do."

"Thank you." Jaejoong wrapped Junsu's arm over his shoulders for support and led him back to their headquarter.

"Ya Tou, what's wrong with him?" Ethan asked Ariel.

"That flight must have really worn Junsu-sshi out." Ariel made up. "He should be fine after some rest."

"That kid sure is frail."

"He is."

"Add some Ginseng into that soup you're boiling and make sure he has plenty of it. He needs to build up his health."

"Understood."

Ethan walked out shaking his head disapprovingly.

***

Seeing Jaejoong assisting Junsu into the room, Yoochun rushed over to them. "Did you have another premonition, Junsu?"

"Yes." Junsu sat down on one of the chairs and took a minute to recuperate from his vision. "Minho-sshi, the one you're looking for is indeed Ethan-sshi. Your grandfather's best friend is Ethan-sshi's grandfather. I saw his face when I looked into the mirror in my premonition."

"How is that even possible?" Minho uttered. "Ethan's last name is Ruan, not Wang."

"Perhaps they changed it so that your grandfather couldn't find them," Changmin guessed.

"I've known Ethan since we were in elementary school. His last name had always been Ruan."

"That's odd," Yoochun commented. "Junsu, are you sure you saw Ethan's grandfather when you looked into that mirror?"

"Yes, I saw Jiro-sshi."

"This case is getting more and more complicated."

"There's a missing piece somewhere," Jaejoong uttered. "We're going to find it, Yoochun."

"Wait. If Ethan-sshi isn't possessed by his grandfather's spirit, then why is he acting like he is?" Junsu questioned.

"There's only one reason for that," Yunho provided.

"What reason?" Jaejoong wondered.

"Ethan-sshi is the reincarnation of Jiro-sshi."

"You mean, Ethan is his grandfather?" Minho couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"He is a reincarnation of his grandfather," Yunho explained. "I heard about a similar case from a friend when I was studying to be a paranormal investigator. He told me about an incident he came across when he was visiting some relatives in Vietnam. There was this lady who brought her young son into a restaurant for lunch. The instant they stepped into the place, her son's behavior changed completely. He started speaking like one of the elders there. He knew all the workers' names and claimed to be their current owner's father, who had passed away seven years ago due to an illness."