Chapter 32: Scars

Changmin ran over to Yunho and did a chant to stop the entity from cutting the man any further. When the floating specter dispersed into a smoky trail of nothingness, the youngest averted his attention back to the leader. "Are you alright, hyung?"

Answering him only with a nod of his head, Yunho inquired. "You're a Buddhist monk?"

"I am Buddhist but not a monk. I'll explain everything later. First, we should tend to your arm."

"Okay," Yunho agreed.

Jaejoong examined Yunho's injuries as the man straightened up. "They aren't too deep." His eyes widened and he made eye contact with Yunho. "They are opened wounds and they are bloody, however your blood seems to be trapped in them." Lightly touching a corner of one of the scratches with his fingertip, Jaejoong caused the man to wince slightly. "There's no blood on my finger."

Yunho glanced down at Jaejoong's hand and realized that Jaejoong was right.

"How is this even possible?" Jaejoong saw Yunho shaking his head to indicate that he didn't know.

"The main purpose of the attack is to inflict pain," Changmin intervened. "Perhaps the scarring isn't permanent." Checking Yunho's gadget, he muttered to himself. "The protective shield isn't able to ward off something this strong. I need to work on the programming further. I'm sorry hyung."

"It's not your fault."

"Are you going to be alright, Yunho-sshi?" Sung asked when he recollected himself from the shock.

"I'm fine." Yunho finally recalled a member who had kept quiet the entire time. "Where's Yoochun?"

Quickly turning to look at the lad, Jaejoong noticed him smirking at them. Yoochun's eyes were clouded by a layer of white where they used to be dark brown. "Yoochun...?"

"The gadgets really aren't working. We need to get out of..." Before Changmin could complete his sentence, Yoochun leaped over and lifted his left hand at the youngest. His nails were suddenly replaced by long, sharp claws which aimed straight at Changmin's chest.

"Yoochun, wake up," Jaejoong demanded. "You're hurting Changmin."

"He's possessed." Noticing that Yoochun was currently staring at Jaejoong, Yunho was afraid of what was to come. Yoochun had indeed shifted his interest over to Jaejoong but to Yunho's surprise, he was unable to laid a finger on the beauty. Something had blocked whatever that was possessing him from touching Jaejoong.

"Jaejoong hyung, he's afraid of the bracelet you're wearing," Changmin informed.

Hearing that, Jaejoong immediately reached out and placed his hand on Yoochun's right shoulder. The contact made Yoochun lose consciousness and his body fell limp right into Jaejoong's arms. "Yoochun!"

"It's gone for now. Let's go get the equipment set up before it returns. Which room are we going to occupy?" Changmin wanted to know.

"You could use the extra bedroom," Sung uttered. "I'll show you the way."

"That would be great. Thank you." Changmin went over to help Jaejoong support their unconscious teammate. "Yoochun hyung is going to be out for a while, so let's get him in there. I'll put up a barrier so that he would be safe whilst we go to the van to carry in the equipment."

"Let's do that," Yunho concurred. "I'll go to the van first to get everything ready. You guys do what you have to do here and meet me there once you're done."