Chapter 43: Evidence

"They are here," Jaejoong said when he heard the front door opening.

"I'll go greet them," Changmin offered.

"Yoochun is home!" Junsu cheered. "I'll go with you, Changmin."

"O-kay..." Changmin nodded with a smile.

"I'll finish putting out the food," Jaejoong informed. "Tell everyone to be seated at the table for dinner."

"All right, Jaejoong hyung." Changmin did an okay hand gesture.

Noticing that the four were clustered outside the door, Junsu tilted his head slightly in wonderment. "What's going on? Why aren't they coming inside?"

"I don't know," Changmin answered with the shrug of his shoulders. "Let's go see."

"Okay."

"Yunho hyung, what's wrong?" Changmin asked when he saw a taller male holding onto a paled face, slumped over young man.

"We're not sure." Yunho glanced over at Changmin. "Mr. Gong is suddenly feeling very ill."

"Changmin placed a warding magic on the house," Yoochun reminded. "Could that be causing distress to whatever is making Mr. Gong ill?"

"That's a good point," Yunho agreed. With a couple of simple Mandarin words along with hand gestures, Yunho stated. "Please take him inside."

"Okay."

"No, I don't want to go inside." The lad blurted in Mandarin as he struggled against being herded closer to the door. "Let go of me! Ge, I don't feel so well."

"Simon, it's going to be fine. They'll help you." Jason managed to drag his partner into the house.

"Ge..." Simon's eyes rolled upward and he collapsed into Jason's arms.

"Simon!"

"There's a sofa over there," Yunho pointed at the furniture in the living room. His Mandarin had gotten a lot better ever since their case in Taiwan. This was all due to the help of Changmin, who downloaded an app for him to learn the language on his free time.

Lifting Simon up, Jason carried him across the room and let him down on the sofa. "Simon, are you all right?" He gave Simon's face a couple of gentle pats. "Simon..."

Jaejoong heard all the commotion outside, so he came out to see what was happening. "Is he all right? Should I get him a glass of water?"

"The house is doing something to Mr. Gong," Yunho supplied.

"Is it Changmin's warding magic?" Jaejoong derived.

"It seems so, yes."

"Simon, wake up," Jason addressed softly.

Gradually opening his eyes, Simon smiled when he saw Jason gazing worriedly at him. "Ge..."

"How are you feeling?" Jason stroked his head caringly.

"I...feel fine." Simon sat up but shrunk a little the moment he caught sight of everyone staring at him in concern. "I think I'm much better than before. I haven't felt this way in weeks."

"Really?" Jason cupped Simon's cheeks and indeed, the paleness had left his lover's face. He appeared completely normal. 'How is this possible?'