Chapter 31: Scars

"The wounds are deep," Yoochun said.

"It must hurt a lot." Junsu felt sympathy for them.

Sung buttoned up his shirt and picked up his cup of tea to take a sip.

"When do these attacks occur?" Yunho asked.

"Throughout the day but mostly during the night. It happens wherever we go, especially when we're home. We could see the cuts happening right before our eyes and we can't stop them. Whatever is causing them, it enjoys seeing us cry out in pain. Strangely, it hasn't happened while we're here."

"That's because I've put up a barrier here to ward off all spirits," Changmin informed, earning shocked expressions from his teammates who only knew of this just now.

"I see." Sung nodded and continued. "It's heartbreaking to see Boyoung suffer. I hope it would leave her alone and just attack me."

"Don't say that Sung," Boyoung uttered. "I can't let you face it by yourself."

"When did all of this started?" Yunho proceeded.

"The evening after we attended my aunt's funeral," Sung provided.

"Did anything out of the ordinary happen in your apartment before the funeral?"

"No. We've been living at the apartment for close to a year. Everything was normal until recently."

"Do you think a floating specter followed them home from the cemetery?" Jaejoong raised.

"Usually a specter wouldn't follow you unless..." Yunho thought for a moment and proceeded. "Did you pick up something from the cemetery and took it with you?"

"What do you mean?" Sung was puzzled.

"An object or trinket of some sort."

"Other than my aunt's picture, I can't think of anything else. Could you help us?"

"We'll do our best," Yunho reassured. "My team and I will need to go to your apartment to set up our equipment for further investigations. Would you take us there?"

"Of course."

"Boyoung-sshi should stay here. Jaejoong, I want you to wait here with her and keep her company."

"No, Yunho. I'm going with you. My ability would be helpful to the investigation."

"It might be too much for you to handle. Let us go there first and set up. You could join us afterwards."

"I'm not letting you go there without me." Jaejoong narrowed his eyes at Yunho and the leader had no choice but to give in.

"Alright." Yunho looked over to his second weakest team member. "Junsu, you stay back with Boyoung-sshi. Get her something to eat from the kitchen."

Junsu saw Yoochun giving him the eye signal to agree and sighed. "Okay."

"The rest of you, let's go!"

"Understood."

Prior to leaving, Changmin handed Sung a yellow piece of paper with red scribbles which was folded into a rectangular shape. "Put this in your pocket. It will protect you."

Sung did as he was told and placed it into his pants pocket.

"Make sure you don't drop it, since I only have one."