Chapter 37: Diamond Cut (case closed)

"Junho?" Yoochun murmured.

"Yeah," Junsu answered with a smirk. "Why? Are you disappointed that Junsu left again?"

"That really was Junsu?"

"Do you think I would call you by your name?"

Yoochun sighed. "I guess not."

"I think I really should go sit down. I don't feel too good." Junsu admitted and made his way back to the couch with Jaejoong's help.

"Lie down and get some rest," Jaejoong advised.

"Understood." Junsu shut his eyes and did as he was told.

Jaejoong returned to Yunho's side afterwards to continue with their investigation.

Phillip.

"Jihyun hyung, why did you give me the diamond?" Phillip asked.

When I arrived at the jewelry store, one of the robbers pretended to bump into me and shot me. By the time I realized what had happened, I was already standing over my own blood drenched body. The bullet went straight through my heart leaving no evidence to be traced. The man then poured a handful of stolen jewelries on my collapsed body before running off.

"Were there any witnesses?"

People started running when they heard gunshots being fired. I doubt that anyone noticed what was done to me amidst the chaos.

"Did you see the man's face?"

Not during the robbery, because they were all wearing black ski masks. I was killed by Cha Mongsik, one of Sangwoo's men. He has a tattoo of a cross on his inner right wrist.

"You followed them?" Changmin figured.

Yes. There were three robbers. Cho Jongki was the driver while Lim Sungjo sat in the passenger seat. I was in the backseat with Cha Mongsik. They drove into an alley two blocks down, removed their masks and switched into a black Audi parked behind a closed bar. Afterwards, they headed to Sangwoo's house and waited for him there.

"Jihyun hyung, how did the diamond end up at your grave?" Phillip was curious.

I don't know. It appeared during the heavy downpour early one morning before two funerals took place.

"Sung-sshi's aunt's burial," Yunho said.

Yes. The other funeral was for Cho Jongki.

"The driver?"

Yes.

"How did he die?"

I don't know. I only remember hearing a voice telling me that the diamond could be used as evidence to convict Sangwoo of his wrongdoings.

"A voice?" Changmin thought for a moment. "Could it be Cho Jongki?"

It was raining very hard at the time, so I couldn't tell.

Jaejoong glanced over at Yunho. "What do we do now?"

"The best thing to do is to report everything to the police," Yunho replied.

"Do you think they would believe us, boss?" Yoochun pointed out. "All we have in hand is a diamond. How are we going to prove that Sangwoo is the mastermind for the robbery and the murder of Jihyun-sshi?"