Chapter 14: Comatose

"Junsu, wake up," a familiar voice called out to him.

Wrinkling his brows, Junsu opened his eyes. His vision cleared and he realized who was talking to him. "Jaejoong hyung," Junsu greeted, sitting up immediately to hug Jaejoong.

"You shouldn't have touched the mirror. Why didn't you listen to them?"
"We had a job to do, and that is to save Hamao-san. Since you mentioned that this place only holds two at a time, I figured that if I came in the one who stayed the longest would be pushed out. It worked, didn't it?"

"I'm not sure if it worked or not, but Hamao-san was indeed pushed out. You, on the other hand, need to be scolded. How could you be so reckless?"

"I didn't want you guys to end up like Ito-san," Junsu stated.

"Ito-san was the previous owner of the mirror."

"Hamao-san told you about him?"

"Yes." Jaejoong nodded. "What happened to him?"

"Ito-san stopped breathing in his coma and they couldn't revive him."

"When?"

"Yesterday."

Jaejoong frowned. "Was it because of me?"

"Jaejoong. Junsu. Could you hear me?" Dongwook's voice made both of them look out to the storage room. "Hamao-san made it out safely. Do you hear that? He's awake." The older team member informed them once he heard the information being passed through his earpiece. "We're going to get you out."

"Hamao-san is okay," Jaejoong said happily. "Thank goodness."

"And...Junsu. Yoochun is unable to leave the headquarter at the moment. He wants you to know that he'll get you out of there alive so that he could lecture you in person."

Junsu mumbled, "Dork."

"Yoochun really cares about you."

"I know."

Jaejoong reached over to hold Junsu's hand. "The fact that you are able to be pulled into the mirror worries me, Junsu. If you need to talk about anything, I'm here to listen. Always."

"I'm fine, Jaejoong hyung. Really." Junsu attempted to convince Jaejoong while forcing on a smile.

Meanwhile, Daisuke released his embrace and cupped Kyousuke's face. "Mao, do you recall what happened to you?"

"I..." Kyousuke dug deep into his memories trying hard to recollect. "I was in the mirror."

"Yes," Daisuke gazed at Kyousuke and encouraged him to continue.

"Ito-san?"

"He didn't make it."

"Oh, no." Kyousuke felt sad for the man who accompanied him in the other dimension. "He was a wonderful person. Unfortunately, no one truly cared about him. They just hung around him because he was rich, including his ex-wife. Actually, especially his ex-wife. Ito-san was so depressed when she divorced him. He didn't mind giving her half of his fortune, but the fact that she only pretended to love him in order to acquire his money hurt him."

Daisuke let go of Kyousuke's face and held his hand instead. "He's in a better place now."

"I hope so. He deserves to be happy."