Chapter 33: Scars (case closed)

Yoochun blinked with wide eyes at Sung who currently had his lips pressed onto his. Realizing what he had done in attempts to yank the other away from the spirit, Sung promptly rolled off the man and got up to pull Yoochun up to his feet.

"Hyungs, are you alright?" Changmin's voice was heard through each of their earpiece.

"We're okay," Jaejoong reassured whilst he released his hold on Yunho; his eyes still plastered on the currently blushing males.

"In that case," Changmin continued, "I suggest that all of you return to the headquarter immediately. The specter is right beside the shoe cabinet. This is no time for public displays of affection. RUN!"

Jaejoong hurriedly gave Sung and Yoochun a shove to start them moving. His eyes rounded when he finally saw the ghost appearing clearly behind him. Feeling someone grabbing a hold of his hand, Jaejoong realized that it was Yunho's firm grip dragging him along. He managed to get his legs to match the other's speed, because he knew Yunho wasn't letting go until it was safe. Changmin opened the door and shut it when everyone was inside.

"Did it follow us?" Yoochun asked trying to catch his breath.

Changmin glanced at the monitor and answered, "No."

"Dude, it reeked of rotten flesh out there."

"I didn't know you were still able to smell considering you were busy doing other things." Changmin smirked at Yoochun.

"Yah! It was an accident," Yoochun scoffed nervously. "D-Don't you dare say a word of it to Junsu or else I'll tell Dongwook hyung that you love chicken wings more than him."

"I don't think that threat is going to work," Jaejoong raised with a chuckle.

"He knows I like him more than chicken wings, okay?" Changmin blurted and caught himself doing so, therefore shutting his lips.

"Please don't tell Boyoung that I touched lips with Yoochun-sshi's," Sung requested. "I'm not sure how she would react."

"Don't worry Sung-sshi." Yunho threw Changmin a look. "I'm sure Changmin won't speak a word of it to Boyoung-sshi. Am I right, Changmin?"

"Yes, hyung." Changmin nodded obediently.

"Yunho, do you have the diamond?" Jaejoong inquired.

"I..." Yunho glanced down at his hand and discovered that it was empty. "I must have dropped it when I..."

"When he grasped your hand," Changmin cut in. "Jaejoong hyung is worth way more than any sparkly rock in the world to Yunho hyung." He teased with a smug smile causing Jaejoong to become speechless.

Yunho quickly cleared his throat to stop Changmin from continuing and walked over to the monitors to see what was going on outside. The rest of the room's occupants followed him.

"So that's how the spirit looks like." Sung was taken aback by the sight.

"Yes," Yunho responded.

"I couldn't see him before."

"They are usually invisible to the human eyes." Yunho threw a glimpse at Jaejoong. "Only the ones with the gift could see them."

"Do you mean those who are clairvoyant?"

"Indeed."

"He's picking up the diamond, and he's..." Jaejoong halted.