Chapter 12: Comatose

Their team of investigators along with Daisuke stood in the headquarter watching the video Changmin was playing back for them.

"We didn't see the mirror glowing like that when we were in front of it," Dongwook commented.

"That's because only a thermographic camera could pick up infrared images," Changmin enlightened.

"Interesting."

Changmin paused the video right at the time Jaejoong was reaching out to the mirror. Amongst the glow emitting from the antique, there was a face behind the screen.

"Who is that?" Dongwook tried to identify the person.

"Hold on. Let me switch out of the infrared and back to the normal." Changmin pressed a few keys and the picture cleared up.

"Is that...?" Yoochun started.

"That's Mao," Daisuke cut in as he leaned closer to the monitor. "He really is in there. My Mao is in there."

"I think Jaejoong hyung saw him," Changmin guessed. "That's why he walked toward it."

"Mao! I have to get him out of there." With that, Daisuke rushed out and headed to the storage room.

"Junsu, you return to Jaejoong's room and watch after him," Yunho directed. "Changmin, you stay here and continue with what you're doing. The rest of you follow me."

By the time the three investigators reach the room, they saw Daisuke looking into the mirror trying to find Kyousuke. Unfortunately, the only thing he was able to see was his own reflection.

"Mao, are you in there?" Daisuke rubbed at the surface as though he was trying to clear it in order to find his lover.

"Maybe, the mirror picks who it wants to pull in." Yoochun brought up. "Since all three of you have already tried, I'm the only one left here who hasn't touched it. Let me have a go at it."

"Alright, but be careful," Yunho commanded.

"I will, boss."

"Changmin, make sure you record this."

"Yes, Yunho hyung," Changmin answered through the earpiece.

"Here goes nothing." Yoochun stepped forward and placed his fingers on the surface with a slight hesitancy. "Hey, kid. Am I glowing?"

"Unless you're referring to your forehead," Changmin sniggered, "nope."

Yoochun pulled his hand away and let out a breath he had held in from the suspense. "Yah! What about my forehead?"

"Nothing." Changmin grinned. "Yunho hyung, the mirror wasn't glowing at all. I think Yoochun hyung is right. The mirror seems to be picking its victims."

"Couldn't you just admit that I'm smart?" Yoochun scoffed.

"Are you smarter than me?"

"You might be book smart, but I'm definitely street smart."

"If you say so."

"Ugh, you suck!" Yoochun hissed.

"On what?"

"Guys, we're working here," Yunho intervened.