Chapter 25: Fated (case closed)

Jongsuk sat in their headquarter with five pairs of eyes staring right at him. Swallowing nervously, he asked innocently. "Did you need my help for something?"

"In fact, we do," Yunho replied.

"As long as I am able to help out, sure." Jongsuk already knew the answer, but he inquired anyway. "What do you need me to do?"

"We need you to break the spell you put on the two seniors which caused them to be comatose."

"What are you talking about?" Jongsuk pretended. "What spell?"

"Jaejoong and I visited them at the hospital. We saw the black and white string bracelets on their wrists. They are both under your spell."

"Are you saying I'm a witch?"

"No, but you're able to read thoughts by looking at people's eyes. Am I right?" Yunho proceeded.

"I don't deny that, because it is true. Yet, that has nothing to do with me casting spells on others."

"You are a very smart young man. I'm sure you are able to figure out many things from researching books."

"Oh, really?"

"Aish!" Changmin was becoming impatient. "Did you or did you not cast a spell on them?"

Jongsuk was momentarily surprised by Changmin's outburst, but then leaned back on his seat and smiled. "Well...I read their thoughts and they were definitely interested in one another. Sadly, they were afraid to admit it. I hated seeing a good relationship go to waste, so I thought I would help them out a little. I gave them each a string bracelet; a black one for Song Joongki-sshi and a white one for Yoo Ahin-sshi. The spell would only work if they exchanged their bracelets. I knew that they both liked black, but if one was willing to give it up so that the other one could have it, their inner desires would be granted. In their case, their love for each other. If they didn't switch bracelets, nothing would happen and the spell could never be casted. It was their choice."

"What kind of rationalizing is that?" Changmin grumbled. "How about the other dorm occupants who fell victim to their growing desires?"

"All the guys I assigned this room to were in fact interested in each other," Jongsuk enlightened. "Being that we are in Korea, homosexuality isn't always the easiest thing to open up to. It takes a lot of bravery to acknowledge one's true sexuality and accept it. Just because they choose to hide it doesn't mean their hearts aren't beating with want. Plus, Song Joongki-sshi and Yoo Ahin-sshi wouldn't be able to take control of their bodies if there was no attraction. Look at Jaejoong-sshi and Yunho-sshi. Don't they make a perfect couple?"

Hearing this, Changmin growled. "How do we break the spell?"

Jongsuk gazed into Changmin's eyes and smirked. "There's no need to get irritated, Changmin-sshi. I'll tell you everything. Everything you need to know and even more."

"J-Just...say it," sputtered the gadget guy.

"All you have to do is remove their bracelets and burn them together. Remember, they must be burned together or else the spell won't be broken."

"Changmin, you stay here with Jongsuk-sshi and wait for our call," Yunho instructed.

"Understood," Changmin responded.

"Let's go, team!"

Jaejoong nodded and followed Yunho out.

"Right, boss." Yoochun grabbed a hold of Junsu's wrist and walked out lugging the shorter man along.