Chapter 24: Fated

Changmin shoved the man away and ran over to the windows since Jongsuk was blocking his way to the door. When he realized that he was being pressed against the windowpane, Changmin started panting in fear. "W-What are you doing, Jongsuk-sshi?" Changmin tried to get away but the other smiled and leaned his face even closer to him.

"What's wrong, Changmin-sshi? Are you afraid of windows?"

"I..."

Gazing into Changmin's widened eyes, Jongsuk nodded. "I see. So, you could see more than you admit to," he said and took a step backward to give Changmin some space. "Especially at night, they tend to visit you near the windows. That's why you don't sleep near them. That red marble beaded bracelet you are wearing on your wrist wards them off, so that they won't come near you."

Changmin stared at him in shock. "How did you...?"

"Let's just say, I am good at reading into one's mind through their eyes; the pathway to one's soul." Jongsuk sighed dramatically. "It's too bad that you already have two people in your heart; one you admire and one you love yet denies it. I would have loved to be a part of your life but sadly, you no longer have room for me. I guess I'll have to continue searching for the right person who would adore me for who I am."

"Jongsuk-sshi..."

"Don't worry, Changmin-sshi. I will not reveal your secret to your teammates, not even your stolen kiss with a...Jaejoong hyung. That is for you to do when you're ready." Jongsuk reassured. "I should go eat some breakfast and get ready for school. It's not good to learn on an empty stomach. You could find me in my room after classes end, if you need me. Bye."

"Wait," Changmin blurted to stop the other from leaving.

Jongsuk halted in his steps and looked back at Changmin. "Huh?"

"Could you tell me where the two seniors who are in a coma are located now?"

"They are both at the SeveranceHospital."

"Alright. I'll tell the others. Thanks."
"Don't mention it." Jongsuk opened the door to find Jaejoong and Yunho right outside about to grab the doorknob. "Hello," he greeted cheerfully.

"You..." Yunho started.

"Oh, don't worry," Jongsuk enlightened. "I'm not possessed. I kissed Changmin-sshi because I like him. Unfortunately, he already likes someone else."

"Jaejoong hyung," Changmin panicked, "don't listen to him. He's only joking."

Jongsuk glanced over at who Changmin was talking to and smirked. "So, you're Jaejoong-sshi?"

Jaejoong acknowledged with a nod of his head.

"You really are gorgeous. No wonder..." Jongsuk refrained from finishing.

Yunho felt a bit uncomfortable recalling Changmin kissing Jaejoong when he was comatose in Daisuke's place.

Noticing a frowning, taller man standing beside Jaejoong, Jongsuk added. "Changmin-sshi is interested in someone outside of your team."

"He told you that?" Jaejoong asked.

"Let's just say, I'm able to figure out one's feelings by looking at them." Jongsuk averted his attention to Yunho and stated. "Are you Yunho-sshi?"