Chapter 39: Time Warp

"W-Who are you?" Changmin sputtered as he tried to keep calm whilst sitting up.

I... The transparent male hesitated for a moment. My name is No Minwoo. I was to be her husband six months ago. She went to the lake to wash some laundry and never returned. I went looking for her and had been for months. I saw her standing by the cliff, sobbing. I was so happy to see her, but she... I leaped over to grab her but ended up falling with her. When I woke up, I was already standing there in front of her. My body was lying next to her. I had a fatal blow to my head and bled out.

"I'm sorry." Sadness washed down Changmin's face.

She's currently trapped down there with no way out. Please go save her before it's too late. Please...

"I'm not familiar with the area." Changmin quickly went to sit at the table and got a paper and brush ready. "Could you tell me how to get there? I'll write it down."

There's a trail behind this hotel which leads up a mountain. At the top, you'll see an open area right beneath the cliff. There's no way for Minyoung to climb back up, especially with a broken leg. Then again, she might not want to come back up. Minwoo thought for a moment. Whatever. We don't have time to waste. She has been trapped for seven days. You need to get help.

"Seven days?" Changmin asked. "Is she still alive?"

You could say that.

"Huh?" Changmin tilted his head to a side. "What do you mean by that?"

There's no time to explain. The longer you take, the higher the chances that Ilwoo-sshi will lose her. I don't know how much power I have left, but I'll lead all of you to her.

"All right." Changmin got up and went to open the door. 'How am I going to gather everyone as quickly as possible?' Remembering what Jaejoong advised him to do in an emergency; Changmin threw his head back and screamed. "Help!"

Strangely enough, Yoochun was the first one to show up while panting uncontrollably. "Yah! Are you okay?"

'I can't believe that he's actually the first one to come to my rescue.' Changmin smiled in his thoughts. 'He isn't so bad after all.'

"Hey, did you hear me?" Yoochun barked. "What's the matter? Did you see a ghost?"

Shortly after, the other investigators in his team arrived along with Ilwoo.

"What's wrong, Changmin?" Jaejoong's inquiry was answered when he noticed the transparent entity beside Changmin. "Who...?"

"He's Minwoo-sshi," Changmin supplied before Jaejoong could finish. "He's Minyoung-sshi's fiancé."

"What did you just say?" Ilwoo voiced.

"Minwoo-sshi will explain everything later," Changmin informed. "First, we have to go find Minyoung-sshi. She has fallen off the cliff and has been trapped for seven days. We need to get her out at once."

"What? She has been down there all this time? Is she...?" Ilwoo hesitated.

"She's still alive," Changmin provided immediately.

"H-How?"

I used my powers to gather some fruits for her.

"Minwoo-sshi says he gathered fruits for her," Jaejoong recited.