Chapter 3- A lesson learned.

Rushing away from the, now much quicker, dog, I dodged around while slashing at its arm every now and then, being careful not to use my blade of destruction. Meanwhile, Mine was supporting me and Sheele was taking on Seryu. The dog had a new power in him now. It was obvious that this Berserker mode of his was no joke. Not only were each of his hits faster, they all had a tremendous amount of power in them.
He suddenly threw a large punch that I could clearly see coming. Dodging out of its way, I climbed up onto its arm, running up it.
'Its body is large enough right now that I can run up it.' I thought to myself. I jumped over his head and slashed all around it. It got multiple cuts. But I didn't hit its core.
"My blades aren't sharp enough to get rid of it and my blade of creation isn't ready yet... so what do I do?" I mumbled to myself as I watched the cuts heal on the dog.
However, on that day, I learned an important lesson. "Mine! (F/n)! We're going." I heard Sheele say as she began running. Mine followed closely behind.
'Should I follow along?' I looked up at the dog. And saw a heavily injured Seryu across from me, with her arms missing and bleeding.
Seeing no reason to leave, I got ready to fight. However, I saw what made the others run away. I heard loud footsteps from behind me. Looking to the source of the sound, I saw some enemy soldiers, charging towards me, weapons in hand. Realizing why they told me to run, I thought about my choices for a bit, ready to either fight or flee. Although, I would not get long to ponder, as I was suddenly grabbed and rapidly taken off of the battlefield. Looking to see who it was, I saw a now familiar head of pink hair, running with a gun in her hand.
"Are you an idiot?!?" She scolded. "Why were you just standing there?"
"Now, now Mine. I'm sure he was just lost in thought." Sheele said, defending me as she ran.
Mine looked over to Sheele as she gave her response. "Huh? He's not like you Sheele. Besides, you may be airheaded, but you're not stupid." She said, giving me harsh words at the same time.
"Well... I am I bit dumb sometimes." I said quietly as I continued to get dragged along. "But Sheele and I aren't too unlike each other..." I said to myself as I thought long and hard about it. "We're both pretty air headed it looks like. The only difference is that it looks like Sheele has some kind of goal in mind. I can't say the same for myself. But..." I looked to Mine as I said the next part of my sentence. "I guess hanging out with you and doing whatever you do wouldn't be too bad. It looks pretty fun." I said. It may have been my imagination, but I could swear for just a moment, I saw a light blush for a moment.
"W-well then be grateful that I've taken an interest in you." She said as she looked away and kept running.
We kept running for a while, chatting every now and then, but with the group mostly silent. It took us a while, but we eventually got to what looked like a huge base. As we got near it, I suddenly felt water on my forehead. I looked up and began to feel more water.
"Ah... it's raining. They say when it rains that means that someone that should have died didn't in the world." I said to no one in particular.
"Huh? You actually believe that stuff?" Mine said in a harsh manner. "Even then, I don't think that's how the saying even goes." We ran into the base to avoid the heavy rain that was falling down on us. When we got in, I was met with a lot of staring eyes. And amusingly enough, they all seemed to have carrying colors in them. The one with the white hair sitting at the end of the large hall spoke first.
"Mine. Sheele. Who is this?" She asked.
"Hello there boss." Sheele said with a smile. "This is (f/n). He has an imperial arms and Mine thought it would be a good idea to take him with us."
"Hmm... I see... Well, before we delve into that, how did the mission go?"
"It went perfectly of course! We did have a run in with a pretty strong imperial arms user. But (f/n) here helped us out." She said as she hit my back a bit.
"An imperial arms user? I see. Well, let's meet this (f/n)." She stood up in her chair. "Sheele. Go call everyone." Sheele bowed out as she ran off to go start calling people.
"Anyways, my name is Najenda. I'm the Boss of Night raid. I'm guessing you know Mine?"
I nodded to myself. "Yeah. I didn't have any formal introductions with her. But we do know each other's name." Shortly after, others started coming into the large room I was in.
"Another new kid? Mine. You must like him quite a bit to let him in." A girl with yellow hair said. Mine had a very visible blush this time and was going to deny it. But she was interrupted by the girl. "My name is Leone! Nice to meet ya!" She spoke in a friendly but playful tone. She seemed to be someone who's fun to hang out around.
"My name's Bulat. Nice to meet you (f/n)." He said to me.
"My name is Sheele. But I think you already knew that."
"I'm Lubbock! Good to meet you!"
"I'm Akame."
"I'm Tatsumi. I'm a new guy like you."
Looking at the group of people in front of me, I got a feeling of warmth that I hadn't felt for a while. It was unfamiliar, but nice. I felt as though this place could become my new home.
"Maybe I'll spend a bit of time here..." I muttered quietly to myself.