Chapter 4- The new world

"So... what is it that I'll be doing. Here?" I asked as I looked around to the people who greeted me.
"You don't know? Have you seen the night raid posters all over?" Tatasumi asked.
"Umm... I can't say I have." I said, mostly indifferent.
"Well, you see," Najenda started. "Night raid is a part of the revolutionary army. They are an elite force that usually covers covert, night operations." She had a sudden downcast and almost sinister look on her face. "Like assassinations..."
"Alright. Sounds fun." I responded immediately, with a prompt nod. "When do I start?" Najenda looked surprised to say the least. As did the rest of the group.
"Umm... (f/n). You know this is murder, right?" Leone asked.
"I did kind of encase a guy's body in stone on the way here... so I'm sure it's fine." I said.
"I-I see... Well, I guess since you're doing that, why don't you let us know how your Imperial arms works?" Najenda said.
"Yeah! What was that during the fight!" Mine asked as she thrust an aggressive pointer finger towards me.
"Ah... my imperial arms? They're called blades of creation and destruction." I said as I put my hands out. "By my soul and spirit... I summon thee in full..."
With that chant, both blades popped up in my hands. "My right side destroys and my left creates."
"What do you mean? There has to be more to it." Mine asked.
"Well, my right doesn't actually destroy. More like it absorbs." I said as I calmly explained it with my usual plain expression. "Whatever it touches, it absorbs into itself. Then my left can transfer whatever I absorb to somewhere else. But, there are limits. If my right or left destroy or create, respectively, too much, then whichever did too much will go out of commission for a while and become useless."
The group stared on in wonder. "That's quite a complicated imperial arms." Bulat said. "What happens if they hit each other?"
"Nothing..." I said, plain and simple. "They just collide." I said as I hit them together a bit. It sounded less like two blades, and more like two rocks.
"Wow... it has its own set of rules huh?" Sheele said as she looked on at my weapons.
"W-well. It was a fast-paced choice. But welcome to Night Raid. (F/n)." Najenda said as she welcomed me. "Mine. Could you train him?"
"What?!? I just trained Tatsumi!" She said as she pointed towards the kid with brown hair.
"Yes. But it's a request from me ok?" Najenda said.
Mine rolled her eyes before talking. "Ugh... Fine. But if this aimless airhead gets annoying, I'm shooting him." She said with a pout as she turned away.
"Sorry about her." Najenda said. "She's usually like this. You'll warm up to her. In the mean time, why don't you all head off to bed. Sheele. Show (f/n) to the guest room."
Sheele nodded as everyone else headed to their rooms. "Shall we go?" She said with an innocent smile.
I gave my usual, emotionless response. "Sure."
We walked through the large base. It was almost too big to hold just a small handful of people. I looked around the halls as we walked to my room. But I was interrupted by Sheele who was walking in front of me.
"Sorry about Mine." She said. "I've known her for a while. But she tends to be cold to people she doesn't know that well. But you'll just have to wait for her to warm up to her."
"Ah... I figured as much... She seems like that type of person." I said with a plain look on my face.
"Oh! My apologies. I didn't realize." She said with an apologetic look. "Anyways, we're at your room." She gave a nice smile as she opened the door for me.
"Right. Thanks." I said as I walked in. "Goodnight." Sheele gave a bow and closed the door before leaving me to myself. Sighing to myself, I jumped into my bed.
"This was the hardest I've fought in my life. I'm pretty tired." My body seemed to almost sink into my bed. I felt my muscles relaxing as I instantly began to feel myself getting drowsy. My eyes closed and I fell asleep soon after. I had my deepest sleep that I've ever had that day.

When I woke up, I heard furious knocking at the door. It took me a moment to fully wake up.
"Come in..." I said in a drowsy voice. The door burst open a short moment after I said that and I saw Mine standing in the doorway.
"Wake up! I've been waiting for an hour now!" She said.
I thought about it for a moment, but came back to myself. "That's right. You're training me huh?" I sat there for a moment. "But I'm too tired..." I said as I suddenly fell back into bed.
Mine stood their for a moment as she tried to process what had just happened. "... What?!?" She shouted as she walked up to the side of my bed. "You're going to get out right now! While I'm training you, I am your superior!" She came by my bed and began shouting orders to me.
'I guess she is technically my superior.' I thought to myself. I slowly took myself out of the bed. "Fine then. Let's get started with this-" I was about to finish my sentence, but I had been in bed so long that my legs were a bit numb. So I fell over. As I fell, I grasped for something to grab onto.
It just so happened that the first thing I held onto was Mine. My arms wrapped around her as I almost fell.
"Sorry Mine." I said as I stood myself up. "My legs were still asleep. You alright?" I looked up at her and saw that her face was red and hot. She was obviously embarrassed.
"Looks like you are..." I said quietly to myself.