Chapter 9- How...

"So what are we gonna do?" Mine whispered to me as we both sat in the cafe, on edge, but trying to appear at ease.
"Well, we have a few options." I said as I started making a plan in my head. "We could wait it out here and wait and pretend we don't notice him. But assuming he knows we're here, that could be a bad idea." I whispered while trying to act natural.
"Yeah. If he knows we're here he'll just pretend to leave and ambush us."
"Exactly. The other option is to go approach him first while trying to get the jump on him. But the last time we tried to sneak around him, he ended up attacking us before we could do anything. So at that point, we may as well go for a straight fight. But I don't know if we'd win."
"Do we have any other options?" Mine asked, not liking what she was hearing.
"Our last option is to run. Like we did back then. This place has a back entrance. But he probably has a fair amount of guards scattered around the area. Plus we'd draw attention to ourselves if we tried to leave out the back or went to ask if we could do so. Essentially..." I paused for a moment. "We're backed into a corner. All our options are equally unfavorable for us."
Mine looked frustrated, just as I was. For the first time in a while, I felt frustration at losing, rather than the feeling of fun. But why was it? At the time, I didn't realize. However, the one that we would be facing would prove to me the reason.

I stood up from my seat suddenly. Mine looked up at me with a questioning look. "... You go out the back... I'll go out the front." I said, a somewhat grim look replacing my usual deadpan stare.
"What?!?" Mine half-shouted. "You're going out the front? You'll get yourself killed!"
My answer was quick and concise. "If that happens, I'll just revive myself one more time. I can afford one more before I probably won't be able to do it anymore."
Mine seemed shocked, to say the least. But I gave her a glare that must have told her I was serious. She stood up herself, finally giving in. "Fine. But if you make it back and say you had to revive yourself, I'll be mad." She said as she made a mad dash out the back. After a moment of hesitation, I walked out too.

Almost immediately, I saw the same man with a hood on his head. Upon closer inspection, I could see a hint of blonde hair on his head.
"So you're the one who attacked us before..." I said.
With a slightly unsettling, and almost friendly looking grin, he spoke. "Oh! Was my hood not over my head completely? How unfortunate." He said. He took his hood off of his head. I could see the same blonde hair. But I saw emerald green eyes as well.
I suddenly heard what sounded like a gunshot, followed by a small explosion from the back of the building.
'Must Be Mine...' I thought to myself. 'I'll stall for time as much as possible.'
"From previous experiences, I feel You're pretty good at fighting?"
"So we did meet before! How wonderful. I knew there was something about you." He said with cheerful gestures.
"You mean you didn't know it was me?" I asked.
"You assume that I know the faces of everyone I fight? How presumptuous. I simply caught word that there was a rebel spy in this cafe."
"That so? I suppose you're good enough to take really any case."
"How fantastic! You assume just because you've fought me once, that I'm strong. Well..." He pauses for a moment. I could feel tension building up inside me as his friendly appearance turned suddenly sinister. His eyes slanted and his grin turned into an eerie smile. "How foolish... you've only seen the surface..."
I wasn't sure why, but chills ran up my spine. I didn't show it on my face. I tend to be pretty good at that whole hiding emotion thing...
But it all fizzled away as I felt a hit on the bad of my head. Something hard and rough. I fell forward, recovering from the blow.
The next moment, I could feel cuts all along my arm. I staggered to the side, avoiding some of the cuts, but still getting some damaged.
"By my soul and spirit, I summon thee in full." My blades appeared in my hand after he somewhat rushed incantation. I leaned back and let my blade of creation in my left hand touch the ground, taking in some of the pavement. With my right side, I summoned the pavement back and created a wall to block whatever had hit me. However, I felt myself get another cut on my arm. He most puzzling, and perhaps frustrating part of this all, is how the man was just tending there while I was taking all of these hits. I could feel myself getting damaged. I decided I wasn't going to get myself anywhere like this. So I beelined towards my attacker, my blades ready. I gripped them tightly in my hand, getting ready to attack him back for once. However, I felt a heavy force suddenly collide with my stomach. I was pushed back with immense force, my face colliding with the ground several times. I stood up, recovering from whatever had hit me. I looked back towards my attacker. And I saw what hit me.
It was his first...
His fist and nothing else. He held out his right hand towards me, shaking it off as if that punch was nothing more than a light workout.
'I'm way out of my league.' I said to myself. 'I should get out of here...'
With quick movements, I brushed my blade of destruction along the area around me. My blade went dark and became dulled as it reached its limits. "So it's all or nothing huh?" I muttered to myself. 
"In that case... I'll use a special technique." I said, a bit louder. I got my blade of creation ready. I wound back my arm and got it ready to send flying down. In one swift movement, I sent my blade flying in an arc motion in front of me. As I did, a giant blade of glass from one of the adjacent buildings came flying out of it, acting as a sort of blade beam. The man had to cover up his face while shattering the glass in front of him. But that was his mistake. The moment he looked next, I was gone.
He stared on at the now empty and destroyed space in front of him. "So the rebel is gone? How boring. I do wish I could have found him. But oh... how cunning that one is. I will certainly look forward to fighting him again." He said with a smile. He turned around from the destroyed buildings around him, before putting his hood back on and walking away from the destroyed street he left behind.