Chapter 21 - First mission

Standing over the large warehouse that our target was inhabiting, the four of us looked down into it with caution. We stood on the rooftop, looking down through the skylight window that it had. 

"Alright. Seryu, here's the deal." Leone said. "We will be sticking in your general area at all times to keep watch over you. (F/n) will be near you and, if you happen to lash out and try to betray us, he will use his blade of destruction to get rid of your Imperial Arm's body mass. Understand?" 

Seryu turned to the blonde-haired girl and nodded, "Ok. That sounds fine." 

"Good. Are you ready then? This will be your first test, as well as your first fight against the empire you so love..." Leone said sternly. 

"I understand. Fear not, my love for justice is far stronger than my love for the empire..." Seryu said, sounding more determined than she ever had since she joined us. "Right now, my allegiances lie much closer to you all than they do to the empire..." 

"That's mildly comforting." Leone said lightheartedly. "Well, with that in mind, let's head in." She brought her arm up and elbowed the skylight, bashing the ceiling in. Then, three of us came dropping down. 

There were several guards inside who all turned towards us and the commotion we made. "Quite a loud entrance for assassins..." I mumbled. The guards seemed to be standing around a man with black hair and white highlights in it. He had glasses and a lab coat on. 

Leone and Seryu stood beside me, causing quite a lot of attention to be drawn to the three of us. 

"Koro! Arms!" Seryu shouted. Her dog grew several times larger and gained large arms as well. 

"Let's do this!" Leone pounded her fists together with her Imperial Arms activated. 

I looked down at my hand, feeling a hint of hesitation. "At the cost of my soul, I summon thee..." After a moment, my blade of destruction appeared in my hand. I heaved a sigh of relief. I said a second incantation and summoned my blade of creation too. 

'What was that...? Back at the cabin?' I thought to myself, recalling the time when I failed to summon my blade. 

I let the thoughts leave my mind and got ready for battle. Leone rushed forward and Seryu sent Koro forward. "Seryu, I'll stick close to you, so if you're in trouble call me over." 

"Got it." She responded, watching Koro fight ahead of her. I turned and saw a few guards behind the group. I moved forward, ready to engage with them. 

One guard began to fire at me with a small machine gun in his hand. I dragged my blade of destruction through the concrete and did my usual strategy of putting up a wall in front of me with my blade of creation. I hid behind it, but it was being bombarded by several bullets. 

Then, I got an idea. I looked at the ground and dragged my blade through it. Then, with my blade of creation in hand, I flicked my wrist towards the men firing at me. At the same time, I released some chunks of concrete I had taken. 

The concrete went flying out and hit a few of the men firing at me. The guns stopped for just a moment as the men turned to see what had happened. At that moment, I rushed out from behind the wall, firing more chunks of concrete towards the guards. Once I got close, I slashed at them with my blades, quickly killing and subduing them. 

I stood up and turned to see how everyone else was doing. Leone and Koro were taking out the main group of guards ahead of us. Seryu was closely watching and observing the battle, giving orders to her Imperial Arms. 

While I was distracted, though, my attention was taken away from the enemies I had knocked to the floor behind me. I turned and saw a man standing up from the floor. I brought my blade up ready to make a wall, but the man already had his gun up and aimed at me. It looked like I would be too late.