Author's Journal

Hello everyone! With a new arc around the corner, it's occurred to me that I never really take the time to openly talk with you as an audience. So I think I might do something like this with every new approaching arc. This "Author's Journal" will be a way for me to reflect on the story and to directly interact with you guys. 

Firstly, I should mention what happened to me between 2018 and now. Between chapter 12 and chapter 13, I took a nearly two-year break! A lot of you came to me with lovely comments and messages, urging me to keep writing. Thank you for those, and I apologize. 

Truthfully, I had simply forgotten about writing for a while. I was still in school at the time, and I was slowly becoming absorbed with panic as I tried to think about my future. Thus, there wasn't enough space for me to think about writing as a hobby. 

Now, though, things are different. I am committing to writing as a job in my future, and fanfiction has become an excellent way for me to practice it as a hobby. So I can assure you that, for the time being, I will be committed to writing this. And if I ever run into writer's block and need to take a Hiatus, I will state so in the title of the story, and in its description as well. 

As well as that, I will also be committing myself to an upload schedule of once every 5-7 days. If I miss it for some reason, I will state the reason for doing so at the top of the chapter. 

With that out of the way, I want to take this next segment to really reflect on the story thus far. It has differed immensely from the original Akame ga Kill. I've introduced new characters and new plotlines. I can only hope that they are interesting to you as an audience. 

This has slowly turned from simple wish fulfillment with Mine, to me writing an actual story. And to be honest, I'm really enjoying myself. I very much hope that you all enjoy this new story, as I will likely continue to deviate from the original plotline as we go on. 

That being said, I am not closed to criticism. If there is anything in the story that you take issue with or don't like, I urge you to leave a comment about it. I would love to hear what you think of my retelling of Akame ga Kill, and I believe that the story will only improve as we interact. 

I think that should be it, as far as an Author's Journal is concerned. I'm really enjoying writing this story, so I hope that you all enjoy reading it. Thank you for staying with me on this ride so far. I hope you continue to have fun!