Chapter 23 - The Doctor

"So this is your nice little cabin, eh?" 

Tatsumi was the one who was there when I opened the door to our cabin. He looked a little different; less of a... child, for lack of a better word. And, he had a new sword on his back. 

"Hey there, Tatsumi," I said. "New sword?" 

"Oh, yeah," He said, reaching back and pulling out his new weapon. "It's... Incursio's key. Bulat gave it to me." 

"So it's true, then," Mine said, popping up behind me. "Is Bulat alright?"

"He should be. But he sustained quite a few injuries and also survived a lethal poison." Tatsumi said. 

"Wai- a lethal poison? Is he ok?" Mine asked. 

"Yes, he's fine. Our enemy used his Imperial Arms to put poison into him. But Lubbock used his Imperial Arms to extract it." 

"He can do that?" I asked. 

"Apparently, yeah. I didn't know he could use it that precisely." Tatsumi said. "Anyways, where is Seryu?" 

"Oh!" Seryu's voice came soon after, peeking over my shoulder. "You're... you're that boy that I helped a few weeks ago!" She said. 

Tatsumi chuckled a bit and scratched his head. "Y-Yeah. We met a few days ago before you fought Mine and Sheele." 

"Yes! I guided you around town. You seem to have gotten much stronger since I last saw you." She said cheerfully. 

Tatsumi chuckled a bit in response. "Oh, and about our mission. This time, we're going to have a mission for Seryu. Essentially, we're going to retrieve a revolutionary army doctor and have him operate on her." 

"Oh, did Boss already find someone?" Mine asked. 

"Yeah. We sent them a message and the Revolutionary Army sent a doctor to a nearby town. All we need to do is retrieve him." 

"Sounds good. When are we moving out?" Mine asked. 

"If you guys are ready, we can move out now. What do you think?" Tatsumi asked. 

"That sounds fine to me. We just need to get ready to go." Mine said. 

"Should we take the arms with us?" I asked, holding up the artificial arms that we retrieved from the last mission. 

"Najenda said that we should take it and see if the doctor can operate from where he is. If not, then we'll take him back here to operate." Tatsumi said. 

And with that, we started to get ready. Mine got her gun, and I grabbed the arms and opted to hold them on the journey ahead. 

The walk to the designated town took an hour or two. By the time we arrived, the sun was starting to set. The sky was beginning to cascade into light orange color. 

"There, in that building up ahead," Tatsumi muttered to us as we arrived. Everyone was wearing a cloak with a hood to hide their faces. 

He was directing our attention to a decrepit looking building ahead of us. The door looked about ready to fall off of its hinge, but it seems like it would be a good place to hide. 

"Let's move," Mine said. She stood up, acting as casual as could be as we strolled right into the building. 

We knocked on the door and pushed it gently open. Inside, we saw the doctor. 

"Night Raid?" He asked. 

"That's us," I responded. I held up the artificial arms that I carried with me the whole time. The doctor took it off of my hands.