Chapter 13 - Return

"Welcome back you two. How'd the mission go?" Sheele asked as the two of us walked in. 
"It went perfectly of course!" Mine said with a smirk.

"Ah, that's good to hear." She said, being as airheaded as ever. She brushed her deep purple hair out of the way with a bubbly smile. 

"Is Najeda in?" I asked abruptly. 

Sheele tilted her head, "Sure. Why do you need her?" She asked while pushing up her glasses. 

"I found some stuff in their base. I wanna talk with her about it." I said, before turning to Mine. "And if possible, Mine as well." 

She blinked a few times before responding, "Sure thing. Is she in her room, Sheele?" She asked.

She gave a concise nod in response before Mine started leading the way to her living quarters.

Mine gently knocked on the door before saying, "Miss Najenda? You in there?" She asked. 

"Mine? What is it?" She shouted back before walking to her door and opening it. "Oh. (F/n) is with you as well. Did something go wrong with the mission?" 

"Well, no. But apparently (f/n) found some... What did you find?" Mine asked while turning to me. 

"Some documents on that guy that almost killed me."

Najenda's eyes widened a bit in surprise, before shaping into a grin. "That so? Well then, this will be very handy. What do the documents say about him? 

"His name is Benjamin Morrow." I said, handing her the paper I found. On the paper, there was information about the man, stuff like his age, height, and weight. 

Najenda started to read over the information. "So he's 34 years old, 5'11", and 156 pounds. But unfortunately..." 

"No information on him as a fighter." I cut in. 

"Precisely... Although, this might be useful to us. I'll send it to the Imperial Army base." Najenda grabbed the file and placed it on a desk inside the room. "Anything else, you two?" 

"No, I don't think so." I responded. 

"Good. In that case, I'll have payment ready for you two." Najenda asked. "Both of you can rest up for the rest of the day." 

"Any other missions?" I asked. 

Mine seemed pretty surprised by this she turned to me and blinked a few times. "Huh? Aren't you tired, (f/n)?" 

"Not really." I responded. 

Najenda chuckled a bit, mostly to herself. "Haha! Well, I'm sure that after living for 150 years, anyone would find themselves bored a lot." She seemed to think for a moment. "I don't have any missions for you... But there are some things I'd like you to buy for me from town!" She said, mostly playfully. 

"Sounds good. What do you need?" I asked. My bluntness was something that surprised Mine. 

"Oh! You're actually ok with running my errands? In that case, I'd love to eat some crab for dinner, so could you go out and get some for me?" 

"I don't see why not." I responded. "I'll head out now if that's ok. Do you want to come with me, Mine?" I asked, turning to her curiously. 

She tensed up a bit at my words. "H-Huh? Why would I want to go run errands with you!" She turned away and crossed her arms defensively. 

"Oh... Ok." For some reason, I felt a bit disappointed by what she said. But the feeling quickly went past me. "I'll be back then." I said, moving to my room to get ready to go. 

Mine watched me leave, standing in front of Najenda's room without realizing she was. Najenda grinned a bit once I was out of earshot. "Mine. Did you want to go with him?" She asked. 

"Huh?!? Why would I want to..." She trailed off and slowed down. "I mean, maybe..." 

Najenda smiled. "Thought so. He's the only one who can make you worry as you have." Mine was blushing a bit in response. "Why don't you go along with him? I'm sure he'd be open to it." 

Meanwhile, I was preparing to head out. I had a cloak on to hide my face as well as a small bag full of things I might need. I was just about to head out the door before I heard a voice calling out to me. 

"Hey! (f/n)!" Mine shouted. "I'm coming with you." She had her cloak on as well and had her sniper hung on her back. 

"Oh. Sounds good." I responded. I felt almost a bit relieved. "Should we head out?" 

"Yep! Let's go. I'll be leading the way!" Mine said proudly, walking ahead of me. 

"Oh? Are you heading out, Mine?" Another voice interrupted us right before we left out the door. I turned and saw the purple-haired Sheele behind us. 

"Oh, uhh... yeah. We're running some errands for Najenda." Mine explained. 

"Ooooh..." Sheele said in her airheaded voice. "Can I come with?" 

"Huh? Wha-" Mine started to hesitate a bit. "I mean, I guess, sure." 

"Great! It's been a bit since I went outside." She said in a soft voice. "I hope I'm not intruding on you two all that much." Mine blushed a bit in response as Sheele started leading the way out of the stronghold.