Chapter 11

"Hey Mine! You've been getting pretty close to (f/n) recently haven't you?" Leone asked, putting her arm around her shoulder.
"W-what?!?" Mine half-shouted, with me standing a few feet across the room.
"Well, you two had a moment together when he came back. And I hear you were the one who nursed him back to health." Leone brought Mine in close to her as she said that.
"Y-yeah. Of course I did. It was my fault that he got hurt. So I thought I oughta repay him for it."
"Yeah. He got injured while you guys were on your date?" Leone asked, a smug look coming over her face. Mine blushed and pushed her away, an action that was made easy with her small stature.
"Hmph!" She said as she walked away. However, what she didn't notice is that she accidentally walked straight into me. She staggered back and began
to fall over. Next thing I knew, I reached out my arm and wrapped it around her to catch her.
"... You ok Mine?" I asked as I looked at her, literally almost sweeping her off of her feet.
"I-I'm Fine! Now you can let go of me." She picked herself up and stood back on her feet. She crossed her arms and walked away, embarrassed, and seemingly a bit frustrated. It was at this point that people began filing into the meeting room. The group that I've grown to become familiar with stood with each other as we all looked towards Najenda, sitting in her chair. Stoic as always.
"So I'm sure you all know the reason I called you here. So, getting right down to business." She outstretched her dark green and mechanical arm to me. "I got the gist of what happened from Mine. But you can back with a lot of injuries (f/n). From what I've heard, you're a very adept fighter. Could you describe the battle to me?"
I nodded and racked my brain for the contents of the fight. "Well, without him even moving from the position he was in, I somehow got multiple cuts and hits all over me. Both from sharp edges and blunt items."
"Hmm... it could be an imperial arms that controls speed. Or maybe an opponents sight. There are a lot of possibilities here. We also got information from our scouts that this man's name is Meaght. But that's all they were able to get." Najenda paused for a moment before leaning forward and resting her elbows on her knees. "From this point onward, until further notice, your all to avoid combat with Maeght. Is that understood?"
Everyone nodded at her order before we were all dismissed by Najenda. I turned over to the pink haired, twin tails girl and walked over to her.
"Hey Mine..." I said from behind her. She jumped a bit as she turned to me.
"W-what is it, (f/n)?" She said, trying to keep her composure.
"Wanna hang out a bit?"
"S-Sure... Where?" She said with her arms crossed.
"Hmm... my room?"
Mine couldn't help but let her face get flushed before turning away in embarrassment. She stumbled back a bit before covering her face. "W-what are you talking about?!?"
"Ah... well, I figured that we would be safer in there. Since we got attacked last time." I said nonchalantly as I looked up at her.
Mine turned away in embarrassment and crossed her arms. But as she turned, she saw Leone there, who was giving her a thumbs up. Mine had to look away from her as well, and resorted to staring at her feet. "W-Well... I guess it'd be alright. But no funny business alright!" She said. "...well? Lead the way." She said, opening one eye while still embarrassed.
I walked to my room while just assuming she was following. And as I got there, she was. I opened the door and walked in with her.
"This is your room? It's pretty plain isn't it?" She said.
"Well... it has only been a few days since I've been here. I've kind of been busy fighting people..." I said with the same blank tone that I usually used. "I haven't really gotten a chance to decorate at all."
Mine sighed a bit to herself. "Yeah... that makes sense. To be fair, I don't have much in my room either..."
"Well, just based on what we do, that's not too shocking." I said as I thought about our occupations.
"Hah. You'd be surprised at how lavish an assassin's room can be." She said jokingly. I almost smiled at it, which she seemed to notice.
"You seem... a lot nicer as of recently. I used to think you were just an antisocial person. Then I thought you just couldn't feel anything at all. But now I'm not really sure... though, I do think that I enjoy myself around you. So just as long as I'm not being a bother," she paused for a moment before saying, "I'd love to come visit again."
I could have sworn in that moment, I felt some slight heat on my face. At the time, I wasn't sure what it was.
"Sure... it isn't a bother." Mine had a mischievous smile on her face as I responded to her, which I couldn't help it find a little cute. "On another note, we haven't had an official mission in a while."
Mine turned to me, a bit surprised. "You're gonna go out in that condition?" She asked, surprised that I was talking about missions with my injuries from the fight I had earlier.
"I guess... unless you think I should stay here."
"Yes I think you should stay here! You're injured!" She was nearly shouting, maybe getting a bit worried. But she stopped herself. "Ahem... well, I do think you should stay here..." She said, being a bit more docile.
"Hmm... what if I wanna come with you?" I asked with a head tilt. And Mine definitely hesitated for a moment. She heaved a sigh before speaking again
"W-Well... I suppose I'll think about taking you with me... Just as long as you take care of yourself. Not just for your sake, but for mine too." I nodded a at her and a small smile that was barely there appeared on her face.
"Alright. I'll take you on the next mission I go on."