Chapter 6

"So he was able to detect you and also seemed very strong while he pursued you?" Bulat asked. "For Mine to admit that he was strong, you guys must've had a hard run." He followed with a friendly chuckle.
"Laugh all you want. But I think that even Someone as strong as Bulat, or maybe even Akame would have trouble." Mine said.
"I doubt it." I interjected. "Quite frankly, it's just a lack of fighting experience on my part. And for you, you aren't good at hitting people that are too fast. So I think those two could probably take him in a one on one fight."
Mine, unsurprisingly, looked annoyed with what I had said. "Do you think that I couldn't take him? Well, I probably couldn't honestly, but still! That's insulting." She complained. "Although, yeah. He definitely seemed strong. (F/n) was putting up walls of stone and concrete the entire time. But he managed to keep up with us for a long time."
Najenda was sitting at a big chair at the end of the meeting hall that we had. "If our target is really that strong, we need to be careful. And you didn't even clearly see what his weapon is, huh?" She asked.
Mine nodded a bit disappointedly. "Sorry boss... All we were able to get on our target during this mission is that he's really dangerous. Although, we did get his appearance confirmed." She said, trying her best to find the silver lining. The room went silent as the borderline failure of the mission set in. What was supposed to happen was a detailed information gathering information. And the only thing we gained out of it was that our target was strong. To the view of almost anyone, this was a mostly unsuccessful mission. However...

"Well, just that information is fine enough right?"
I wasn't what you'd call a normal person at the time.
"We got enough to know that he's someone to be reckoned with. And we know to stay away from him unless we have a group with us. We potentially just saved someone's life from this really strong enemy." As I finished up my explanation, deadpan expression on my face throughout it all, the group stared at me silently. It took a few moments for someone to break the silence.
"Yeah! That's right!" I heard Lubbock say.
Tatsumi was the next to interject. "Someone here could have died here. It's a good thing we did this right?"
Mine looked a bit confused. What she thought to be a failure was soon turned into a success. She thought she would get chastised for this. Her face became a combination of happy and surprised.
"I-I guess that I did succeed huh?" She said, trying to hide her happiness. "I suppose I should have seen that from the beginning." She gave a confident hair flip after she said this.
We all have friendly smiles to each other. And inside of myself, I felt oddly... satisfied with what I did that day.
As we all finished up our antics, Najenda began giving orders. "For now, we'll wait and try to gather more intel on our enemy. Those who have wanted posters up are not allowed to go out as of now. And (f/n). Even though you don't have one, don't go outside. Our enemy probably knows your face and imperial arms now."
I nodded as I took this order.
"As of now, everyone take the rest of the day off." And with that, we finished up the morning on a high note as we all went off to do our own thing for most of the rest of the day. Some people went to train. Akame and Tatsumi went to prepare lunch, and I went to sit in my room. I sat on my bed and stared up at the ceiling.
"I wonder what that feeling I had during he meeting was..." I mumbled to myself. "Was that satisfaction? It's been a while since I felt it." I gave a long sigh. "Well, it's been awhile since I've felt anything but mild interest. I hope I can change that with this group." I was take. Out of my thoughts as I heard a light knock on the door before seeing Sheele at the entrance of my room.
"Hello there (f/n)." She said with a smile. "How are you doing this afternoon?"
"Good..." I said, going back to my single word responses and deadpan expression.
"T-that's good to hear..." she said, slightly taken aback by my quick and almost uninterested response. "You seemed rather invested in that mission meeting earlier."
'So that's what she's here for.' I thought to myself. "You're friend with Mine right? I guess it makes sense that you'd be the one to say that." I stood up from my bed and walked to the door. "I'm not entirely sure what happened there. I just felt a bit compelled to do something about her." I said a bit quietly as I left my room, passing by Sheele.
"Ah. I see." She said before I left. "There's nothing wrong with that though. You seem like the kind of person who doesn't want to get involved with other people's affairs. But I think doing that is ok every now and then.
I turned to Sheele before giving my response. "... When we came here, you said that we were alike. You told me that we were both airheads. But we're not that alike. You're an airhead because you speak your mind too much. I'm an airhead because I'm distant and untalkative." I said, giving off an unusually long response. "But it's not like I dislike that about you. Kinda like with Mine. She speaks her mind more than if usually be comfortable with. But she's sweet deep down... I think." Sheele stood there for a bit as I rambled off much more than I should have.
"You seem to really care about her, huh? Well that's good. Mine is a good person. She just needs to warm up to you a bit." Sheele said. After a moment of contemplating silence, I nodded as a response. I walked off to go do whatever. I could have sworn I heard Sheele say something under her breath, but it was probably just my imagination.
"... (f/n)... I think he's a nice person." Sheele mumbled with a smile.