4. New Light

~==~ Lawrence House ~==~

~==~ 6:45pm ~==~

Kage hopped out of the truck and ran up to the front door, knocking to make their arrival known. He waited as Alexander unloaded Anthony, who looked like literal death at this point. As Alexander made it up the front steps, the front door opened.

There stood a roughly 5'6" girl, her hair short, black, and arranged in two messy pigtails. She was of a skinnier build, as opposed to Kyrie's squishier appearance. This was KR, her eyes expressed her anger enough. "Bring his pathetic ass inside." She turned around and angrily lead the way. "Don't let him die on my carpets."

Kage stayed behind just a little so that he could shut the door, catching up with everyone once he'd done so.

~~/(^-^)\~~

KR lead them to the back of the house, opening a door to reveal Kyrie, pale, lying in her bed. Next to her was a shorter, red haired girl. This was Rose, her hair extended down past her waist, she also was of a similar build to KR.

"So, what the hell is wrong, KR?" Kage squeezed himself passed Alexander. "You never explained."
KR glared at Anthony, who was so out of it that he couldn't process anything. "This piece of shit fucked up. Not that Kyrie was any smarter for what she did in the first place."

Kage stared blankly. "That explains literally nothing."

KR, becoming more frustrated, sighed. "Our clan puts a seal on girls until they're ready to give themselves over to a partner. This is the recoil of it being broken, but not completely undone." She ushered Alexander and Anthony into the room. "Just lean his stupid ass against the side of the bed for now."

Alexander did as he was told.

KR walked to the bedside, Kage followed. "Basically, we need to leave them side by side long enough that her seal registers his presence."

"Okay...what then? Do we leave?" Kage was genuinely confused about what was happening.

KR looked from Anthony, to her sister, then to Kage. "I don't know, it depends on what Kyrie and this screw up decide once they're back to reality." She grabbed the chair Kyrie had at her desk, offering it to Kage. "Here, you can use this, I'm sure I'll be in and out so I don't need it."

"Thanks." Kage took the chair and turned it so he could face everyone. "So explain a little more, I'm still not grasping this."

Rose chimed in finally, keeping her eyes on Kyrie. "When they kissed the first time, she must have let her guard down, which means the seal was expecting her to want him as a partner. What she didn't expect was that the feeling was mutual, that's the only way it could have broken in this case."

Alexander snorted. "To think this was how his feelings got through to her."

Kage shot him a look, then turned back to the girls. "So she accepted the idea, letting down her guard...and the seal just assumed she felt that way about him?"

Rose spoke. "No, it isn't that it assumed, it knew. The thing about our seal is that it KNOWS who we want, but it won't allow us to partake unless the opposite party feels the exact same or agrees to be with the person, even if he hadn't felt that way about her." She finally looked to Kage while talking. "It knew the feeling was mutual and them kissing was the initial break."

"So it breaks in stages?" Alexander finally asked.

KR nodded. "It can differ from person to person, but in this case it'll break in stages. Since he isn't from our clan it'll also take a different toll on each of them."