50. Going "Home"

~==~ Saturday, December 27, 2015 ~==~

Early the next morning Mhi decided to take Anthony back to the Akuma Clan. The christmas break was ending already and he had no desire to stick around the Ai Clan any longer. It had become tedious for him to stay in a place he knew he wasn't welcome.

KR was offered a ride back as well, but she wasn't ready to leave Vallen alone yet. It was left up to Mhi to deliver the news to Rose, who was blissfully unaware of everything that had transpired over the last few days.

~==~ Tuesday, December 31, 2015 ~==~

~==~ 8:15am ~==~

After driving for 3 days straight, Mhi was ready to disappear again, but he still had to bring everyone else up to speed on what happened. As unfeeling as he had been, he developed a soft spot after sticking around Kyrie so long, so this pained him to do.

Rose was the first one Mhi informed. She laughed, assuming what Mhi was relaying was just a joke. She knew, vaguely, of who he was and that he caused issues for Kyrie, so nothing he said seemed credible.

She laughed once more, wiping a single tear from her eye. "Come on, you know for a fact that I won't fall for that kind of joke. Kyrie warned me of you, so please don't kid around." She looked around him, eyeballing the truck. "So, where is she? You're using Anthony's truck."

Mhi sighed, trying his best to not literally slap this information into her. "Rose, please, I know none of you trust me, but I'm being serious..."

She looked at him, her expression showing off how unamused she was by this. "Uh-huh, sure you are." She walked over to the truck, swinging the back door open, just to find Anthony sitting inside alone. "Oh, hi Anthony." She was very confused now.

Slowly, he looked up at her. He had his legs pulled to his chest, still cradling the orb in his lap. His hood was over his head, his face red from crying. He greeted her with a very weak smile, tears welling up in his eyes again.

"Where's Kyrie?"

He gritted his teeth, the tightness returning to his chest. "She...she's gone." He swallowed hard, burying his face again.

"What do you mean?" She climbed into the truck and sat next to him.

With pain in his eyes, he looked to meet her confused gaze. "I'm so sorry Rose." He revealed the small orb that was sitting in his lap to her.

That's when it clicked. She said nothing more, her own chest growing tight, tears quickly escaping her eyes and running down her cheeks. She began wailing, being taken into Anthony's arms just as she did so.

He couldn't bring Kyrie back, there's nothing more he could do to heal the pain everyone feels right now. He had hope, though, his kids were still here and he would do everything he can to make sure no one else had to experience this pain.

~==~ 12:45pm ~==~

Alexander greeted Anthony with a smile and open arms, but his concern quickly took over after seeing the state his brother was in. "Hey, Anthony," He took him into his arms, hugging tightly. "What's up?"

Mhi followed in behind him, Kage emerging just as he stepped all the way inside. Kage had Kaiden in his arms, a bottle quietly being suckled in his other hand.

"What's going on?" Kage leaned against the wall, softly bouncing Kaiden while he ate.

Alexander looked to Mhi, an unspoken rage and annoying very evident between them. "What the hell happened? Where's Kyrie?"

Anthony, feeling more dead each time her name was mentioned, spoke before Mhi had the chance. "She's dead."

Kage and Alexander were both silent and in shock. Neither of them spoke, neither of them even looked to one another for confirmation of what they just heard.

Mhi spoke up. "There was an altercation over the weekend...the other demi had awoken, things went south...she sacrificed her life to ensure that the blonde kid could keep his humanity."

Alexander tightened his grip on Anthony. He wanted to break down just as much as his brother right now, but he did everything he could to stay composed for Anthony's sake. "I'm so sorry."

Anthony broke down again in Alexander's arms. He had been through hell for far too long, this was the end for him, despite having kids to tend to now...he had lost it all.

~~/(^-^)\~~

After calming down, Alexander got to meet his future nieces or nephews. He was glad that Anthony had a reason to live, despite knowing it would be a hard journey from here on. With Kyrie gone, Anthony was unaware of what the future would bring, she was his everything and that is now gone.

~~/(^-^)\~~

Mhi, as planned, disappeared from their lives after fulfilling his request. There was no reason for him to stick around with no contract left in the living realm. He would return to his residence and continue to live in solitary.

Fate is something none can escape, a predetermined destiny that one will eventually fulfill. Kyrie opted to end her journey by fulfilling that exact fate...this was her destiny, something she was tied to from birth.

This was her Destiny Knot.