49. The Hard Truth

~==~ Saturday, December 26, 2015 ~==~

~==~ 10:00am ~==~

Kyrie's parents had retreated to their room, KR was in her own, Vallen hadn't shown himself since Kyrie disappeared right in front of him. Anthony was a disaster and hadn't slept at all, while Mhi sat in silence opposite him on the couch.

No one had so much as spoken a word to one another since Kyrie vanished. Despite the circumstances, they all knew she was gone. Things had taken the worst possible turn in the blink of an eye.

~~/(^-^)\~~

After another hour of sulking, Mhi called everyone into the living room. He needed to break a few things down for everyone about the true situation that went down the night before. Plus, he still hadn't revealed to Anthony that his and Kyrie's child was safe. Right now, the child was tucked away safely inside a small orb in his shirt; just as he had kept the corrupt portion of Kyrie's soul.

~~/(^-^)\~~

Once everyone, including Vallen, had joined him in the living room, Mhi spoke. "I know this is the last thing any of us want to talk about right now, but I need to break a few things down."

They all listened, each of them wearing their sadness blatantly. Each of them had red eyes, tear stained cheeks, and looked like an overall mess. Everyone except for Mhi, but he was incapable of expressing emotion the same way they did.

"I am going to jump straight into what caused everything tonight, starting from the beginning." He took a deep breath. "The day Kyrie was born should never have occured, she was born with a mere 1% of her soul. I was after that from the get go and her parents willingly signed a contract that would allow her to live as long as I got possession of her soul after she passed...no matter the circumstances." He paused briefly, looking at everyone else in the room.

None of them looked at him, but they were clearly listening.

There was just nothing else they could say right now.

"I come from an ancient species called Demi's, there are only 2 in the world at a time, but as few as one. For hundreds of years I was the only Demi, until Kyrie was born that is. Upon her birth I began sensing another Demi, though it was weak. I was unsure of the age or how aware the other was, so I chanced it and took advantage of the circumstances that came with Kyrie's birth." He sat back down on the couch, then continued. "In exchange for the contract, I gave Kyrie 99% of my own soul, which was everything I had, so she was stuck with me following her around. I just did it from the shadows since she seemed unaware and unable to hear me. Then, when she fell ill, she finally began hearing me and that was when the truth came out to her."

Anthony, aggravated and through tears that still ran down his cheeks, spoke. "Just get to the fucking point."

Mhi sighed. "She was only alive because of me. The other Demi awakened while we were here and became unstable...she decided earlier that night that she wanted to end things." He held back the anger welling up inside him. "Against my better judgement, I followed her wishes and returned the corrupt portion of her soul to her being. It took over and allowed her to seal the other Demi's unstable powers...at the cost of her own life."

Vallen looked up from his lap. "Corrupt?"

Mhi mentally punched himself in the face for not elaborating on that. "When someone develops less then 100% of their soul, there are different forms of corruption. Anything under a complete soul should never live long enough to be born, Kyrie was born with 1% of her soul and that meant she was majorly corrupt. The fact that she was even born is phenomenal. I am drawn to the darkness of this world, so I found her easily, which allowed me to save the only chance for a Demi's life to end." He sighed. "There is balance in this world that only the Demi's can maintain, good and evil. One Demi will take control as the leading power of light, while the other causes their own level of havoc to keep everything in check." He pointed at Vallen. "If you would have killed her with your own hands, the balance would never allow you to live long enough to do much more. She chose to save your chances at a normal life over her own at a happy one."