Thirteen (+ 3 + 1 = 17)

WHATS THIS? A THIRD UPDATE IN LESS THAN 5 HOURS :)) IM SPOILING YALL AS MUCH AS SEVENTEEN SPOILS US

-----------------------------------------------------------

Beep.... Beep... Beep....

Minghao sighed, rubbing his face. This is not how he wanted to spend his Friday. As he stared at the white tiled floors, he thought about what happened in the last five hours, and how he ended up here in the hospital,  Mingyu laying next to him in a hospital bed, heart monitor attached to his chest.

He and Mingyu had been walking around Downtown, and Minghao has his date with Junhui in about 20 minutes. He decided that now would be a good time to start heading over to Cafe Mansae where he would meet up with Junhui.

"Hey Mingyu, I think I'm gonna start heading over to the cafe." He told the taller. Mingyu looked at him, smiling.

"Okay Hao, see you later." Mingyu waved goodbye to him, and Minghao crossed the street. Mingyu stopped walking, turning around. Hmm maybe I should go see if Wonwoo is working now.. He thought. He looked at Minghao and stepped onto the street, not noticing the blue SUV speeding down the street.

"Hao wait-!" He got cut off as the car made contact with his side.

Minghao turned around at Mingyu call of his name, freezing as he saw the car run over his best friend. Mingyu flipped over the hood of the car, landing on the other side, groaning in pain.

People quickly gathered around the scene, many pulling out their phones to call 9-1-1. The lady who was driving got out the car, gasping as she saw Mingyu on the ground, quickly checking to see if he was okay.

Minghao frozen in his spot, watching the scene unfold, he even stood frozen when the driver announced Mingyu had passed out. The ambulance arrived a few minutes later, and a bystander was talking to the one of the female paramedics, pointing at Minghao.

Minghao finally woke up from his daze as the paramedic approached him.

"Are you the victim's friend?" She asked gently, waiting for his response.

All Minghao could do was nod.

"Can you please ride with him and contact his family that he was in an accident? He has to go to the hospital now." She asked, and pulled Minghao towards the ambulance. Mingyu was put on a gurney and carried into the ambulance, Minghao quickly sat next to him, staring at his bruised hyung.

The ambulance doors closed, and they began their journey to the hospital.

That was 6 hours ago. Minghao hasn't left his chair in 5 hours. Mingyu's parents stopped by for a while, but then they had to leave to go to work. Minghao scoffed as they left their only child in the hospital bed. They only cared about work.

A knock on the door woke Minghao up from his thoughts. He looked up as the door opened, seeing Soonyoung and Chan quietly enter the room.

Minghao looked at them and then at Mingyu, studying his bruised sleeping face. His head was wrapped gauze, and his right wrist had a cast on it.

"Thank God he's a lefty." Soonyoung chuckled sadly. Minghao gave him a small smile. Mingyu has been sleeping peacefully, and the doctor said he would wake up at anytime now.

"I know right." Minghao pouted, feeling tears well up in his eyes.

"He'll be okay HaoHao." Chan reassured him, rubbing his back.

"I hope so."

"Minghao? Why are you crying?" A raspy voice spoke up. Minghao's head shot up as Mingyu looked at him concerned. Minghao smiled widely running over to Mingyu and gently hugged him.

"Chan! Go get a doctor!" Soonyoung ordered the younger. Chan nodded and quickly ran out the room, following orders.

Moments later a female doctor and two nurses arrived and smiled at Mingyu.

"Hello Mingyu, my name is Doctor Kang." She introduced herself as she put her gloves on. She quickly checked Mingyu's vitals, jotting down the information on her clipboard.

"You didn't suffer any major injuries, just a sprained wrist and a cut on the left side of your head." She explained to Mingyu as she took off her gloves.

"Would any of you like some water?" One of the nurse asked the three other boys. "I'm going to get some for the patient so he could take his painkillers so I'd thought I would offer you some."

"Yes please." Minghao and Chan said.

"No thanks." Soonyoung declined.

"Okay, I'll be right back." And she left the room.

"Take two painkillers a day, to help the pain in your head, don't listen to loud music, and don't do anything too physical." Dr. Kang instructed Mingyu, walking to the door, holding it open for the nurse, holding a tray with three cup of ice water, and one cup of painkillers.

"Alright thank you doctor." Mingyu thanked her, she waved goodbye and left the room.

"Here are your pain killers and here is your water." She said, placing the two cups on the bedside table next to Mingyu. She walked around his bed, giving water to Chan and Minghao, them smiling in return.

"Get well soon." She said as she left the room. Mingyu smiled and grabbed the painkillers, popping them into his mouth and drinking the ice water.

"So," Mingyu spoke up after a few moments. "How was your date?"

Minghao dropped his cup of water.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Well, well, well, there you have it. The reason why minghao skipped out on junhui's date :)

Hope you enjoyed, please vote and comment it means a lot.

-Rez