Chapter 6

**Taehyung's POV**

I ducked my head under the blanket for it to join the rest of my body. I sighed in relief at the warmth spreading across my face. I had taken my shoes off and set them somewhere in the cell, due to them being uncomfortable, especially under a blanket. I stuffed the edges of the warming fabric under my body, trying to block out any of the cold air. Jungkook hadn't returned yet, my stomach starting to growl from hunger. The gallon of water was empty and my shirt was fully dry. I haven't brushed my teeth, showered, or changed since I got here. It's not like my parents let me do such things at home anyways. They never bought me toothpaste and would yell if I showered. I was apparently making the water bill higher, even though I never showered longer than five minutes. All my clothes were things I found in trash bins or occasionally bought from a thrift store. The clothes I had on now were my favorite of anything else I owned. I doubt my parents are even looking for me. They seemed to hope for my death so I wouldn't be their problem anymore. Three more years, and I could of left. Not that I had anywhere to go or had any idea how to get a job and sustain myself. I wasn't taught any of these things. No college would take someone who hasn't been to school a day in their life. If I die here, it's not like it matters. My life was screwed anyways. My phone had been locked to only allow me to call my parents and emergency services. I mostly used it to play stupid, kidish games from the app store and tell the time. I don't have it on me anymore, because Jungkook took it from me while I was unconcious. My safe place were my walks I would take in the darkness of the night. The grocery stores that were open all night would sometimes give me free things like cookies or samplers from the bakery section. They probably had no idea how much that meant to me. That small cookie or sampler was sometimes all I had to eat in days. I tried to keep minimal conversation to hide my prominant lack of social ability and experience. You may wonder why I never called the police. My dad is the cheif of police for our city and my mom is a well known lawyer. I wouldn't of been able to fight against them and they made sure to remind me of this every single day of my life. Jungkook cares about me more than they did and he doesn't seem to give two shits about anything relating to me, besides my blood. Sometimes I wonder if I was born just to be a waste of space or just something to eat, if we're talking about Jungkook. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the cell door click open. I didn't move from my spot, keeping myself under the blanket. 

" Are you awake? " I heard Jungkook's voice ask. I didn't respond, wanting to see what he would do if I was sleeping. I heard a loud sigh, followed by a clank of glass against concrete. I adjusted my position on the ground, my back starting to hurt from being pressed against the hard surface. People roll around in their sleep so this is a normal thing to do. 

" Humans' need for sleep is annoying. Now his food is going to get cold and I have to waste my time waiting. " He said. Wait, he would wait for me to wake up? I thought he would force me to wake up reguardless. I heard him begin to hum, probably out of boredom. I waited a bit longer before deciding to wake up, not mentioning that I was already awake. I wrapped the blanket tightly around me as I sat up, rubbing my eyes to make it look like I was asleep. His humming stopped and he nudged the plate of food on the floor towards me without saying a word. I picked up the food, used to having the same things. I decided to speak up. 

" Can I go outside? " I asked as I shoved a piece of meat in my mouth. 

" We've been through this already. " He stated, seemingly annoyed that I brought this topic back up. 

" I said I wouldn't run off. " I argued, craving a walk. They are the one thing that makes me feel content. 

" Like I would believe that. " He said, scoffing. I sighed. Well, it's true. Any other human, but me, would run away as soon as they stepped foot outdoors. I gave up on this, deciding to try again another day.