Chapter 32

**Taehyung's POV**

I walked out of the movie theatre as the movie ended, throwing my empty box and cup into the trash bin. Jungkook and I exited the building, making our way towards his car. It was still dark out and there were fewer cars in the parking lot then there were when we got here. I flopped myself into the front seat, excitedly waiting for Jungkook to get in too. He sat in the driver's seat, closing the doors. 

" Wasn't the movie so cool? Seriously, how did he escape death like that? I don't usually like violence, but it wasn't real and you could tell. Surely you wouldn't live from a fall that high, right? " I rambled, not noticing that Jungkook wasn't starting the car. 

" Taehyung. " He said. 

" Oh, and the fight at the end literally had me on the edge of my seat! I now understand why so many people love action movies because it was amazing. The fight could have gone either way and I honestly didn't even know who was going to win. " I continued, not realizing that I was being spoken to. 

" Taehyung. " He said again. 

" That was probably one of my favorite movies that I've ever seen. Not that I don't like all the movies that you have at home, but this one was just really good. Oh yeah, I would ask you to buy it when it actually comes out, but- " I said, being stopped by a hand covering my mouth. 

" Okay. I like you, but please stop talking for five seconds. " Jungkook said. I nodded, his hand retracting from my face. I brought my attention to him, wondering why he didn't start up the car to go home. 

" I got you a present when I was out shopping with Jimin. " He said, bringing out a box-shaped item that was wrapped in a plastic bag. 

" You seriously don't have to keep buying me things. " I said as he handed the item to me. I took the item, staring at it for a couple seconds. 

" Well, you aren't the one who dictates what I spend my money on. Go ahead and look at it. " He said. I already knew that arguing with him over buying things goes nowhere. I unrolled the bag, pulling out a smooth, white box. I opened the box, widening my eyes at the object. It was a phone. 

" I trust you, so I got you an iPhone. " He said, taking the box out my hands while I remained frozen. I take back what I said about not arguing. 

" You really don't- " I began. 

" Shush. I'm going to set it up for you and put mine, Jimin, Jin, and Yoongi's numbers in it. I'll give it back to you then, yeah? " He said while I stared at the box he was now holding. 

" Doesn't that cost like- " He interrupts me a lot. 

" Cost doesn't matter. I got it for you and you are going to take it rather you like it or not. " He said, starting up the car. Apparently, I am being forced to accept a phone now. I stayed quiet, fiddling with my fingers the whole trip home. He parked the car in the garage and we both got out, entering the house. 

" Where does your money come from? I've never seen you go to work. " I asked, following him into the living room. I watched him plug in the phone that's apparently mine into the wall, letting it charge. 

" About that. It comes from Yoongi, Jimin, and Jin. " He said as we both sat on the couch. 

" So, you don't work. " I clarified, making sure I understand. 

" Correct. I tried working a long time ago. I'm apparently very demanding and bosses don't like that too much. " He explained. 

" You are kind of demanding. " I truthfully stated. 

" What do you mean by that? " He said, seemingly offended. 

" You don't really ask people to do things. You command them. " I tried explaining in a way that made sense. 

" I'm not trying to. " He stated. 

" Can I ask you something? " I asked, totally changing the subject. 

" Sure. " He said. 

" The other day I realized how little I know about you. What was your past like? " I asked, staring at him hopefully. He seemed very hesitant to answer. 

" There's not much to know about me really. I got turned, never saw my family again, and spent the rest of my time with my friends. " He said. That's a very vague response. 

" Did you just ditch your family after? " I said in a shocked tone. 

" I wouldn't say I ditched them. By the time I had the opportunity to go see them, they died of old age. " He explained. 

" What stopped you from seeing them sooner? " I pressed, hoping for something less vague. 

" Can we talk about something else? " He asked, shooting down the topic. I sighed, realizing that he wasn't going to tell me about himself. I decided to try another question anyway. 

" How did you get turned? " I asked, really hoping he would give an actual answer. 

" The same way everyone else did. " He stated. I unknowingly pouted. 

" No. I mean like... Jin told me that he was turned by his friend. What about you? " I said, trying to make the question more specific. 

" Stop asking about me and my life. It's really not important. " He said, ignoring my question. I sighed, turning away from him. I don't understand why he won't tell me about himself when he knows everything about my life. He's been alive for over five hundred years. There's no way that he doesn't have anything at all to share. However, I still decided not to ask further. 

" Taehyung, please don't be upset. " I heard him say. I didn't respond as I started to fidget with my fingers. I turned to him, glancing at him briefly before returning my gaze to my hands. I heard him sigh, quite loudly. 

" What if I promise to tell you more some other time? " He asked. 

" I guess that's fine. " I said, lifting my head so I was no longer looking down. I felt him engulf me in a hug that I quickly returned. We pulled apart and I felt his eyes wander over my face. 

" Your hair is getting a bit long. We should cut it again soon and redye the roots. " He said as he ran his hand through my hair, tousling it in the process. 

" You're going to mess it up. " I mumbled, reaching to smooth it back down. He pushed my hands away, preventing me from fixing it. He stared right into my eyes, something about his eyes not allowing me to look away. I began to feel nervous, shifting my weight under his intimidating gaze. 

" Y-you know, maybe I s-should go change. " I said, gulping as I saw his eyes move downward at my attempt to break the awkward atmosphere. I felt my heart pounding in my chest when his hand moved slowly up my left arm to my cheek as I sat frozen in my place. 

My muscles tensed and my breath hitched when he leaned in, pressing his lips gently against mine. My head was spinning and a warm feeling spread throughout my body. My body moved on its own, my left hand slowly wrapping itself around his wrist as my lips moved of their own accord. Jungkook pulled away just as quickly as he started it. He stared into my eyes once again with his mouth slightly parted and I stared back slightly dazed. The next thing I know, Jungkook was no longer sitting in front of me on the couch. He ran at an immense speed up the stairs, disappearing from my sight.