Chapter 40

**Third Person POV**

**WARNING**

More Mild Violence and Torture are displayed in this chapter. Do not read if these things trigger or upset you.

They came back every day after that. The dark haired male had no clue how long it had been since this started. His hands were bruised from the chains and he had old and new cuts covering his body. He had various broken bones to the point where it hurt to even breathe or move an inch. Yet, he still hadn't given in to his captors. He stared at nothing with his bloodshot, sleep-deprived eyes. He wasn't even in his head. He was alive, but not truly there. His eyes held no emotion. You would think he was just an empty shell if you saw him. A mannequin sitting there in the dark. He didn't even move when the hooded man entered the room. A cold finger slid under his chin, lifting it to face the man.

" You're still holding on, huh? " The man said, digging his fingernails into the human's skin. Blood trickled down from the newly created wounds. He didn't even wince from the pain at this point. He had gotten used to the constant pain. His head lolled as he barely caught the man's words. He didn't even know how he was still living at this point.

" Well, we got a surprise for you! " The man said in fake excitement. The dark haired male didn't respond, his body limp in the chains. Another man walked in, a creepily sweet grin on his face.

" Remember that little sister of yours? What was her name...Ara? Oh, but I think you called her Coco. " The new male said. The chained human finally showed attention at the mention of his sister.

" S-sister. " He mumbled, barely keeping his consciousness, let alone tuning into the conversation.

" I have to say, her screams were wonderful as we slashed her open and watched her blood flow out. " The man said, evilly staring the dark haired male.

" W-what. " He said, finally showing emotion in his eyes. Fear and sadness.

" We will kill the rest of your family off one by one while continuing to hurt you in the process. " The hooded man spoke. His emotions, that he buried in an attempt to stay strong, were slowly leaking out. A cold blade ran over the entirety of his chest, going over old cuts that weren't fully healed.

" P-please stop. " The black haired male whimpered.

" Hmm... " The man said, not taking the blade from his skin. The pain, both emotional and physical, was becoming too much to hold in.

" Please s-stop. I'll do a-anything you ask. J-just don't hurt anyone e-else. " He said. The blade left his skin. His physically painful tears flowed from his eyes as he watched the man put the blade away.

" I think it's time you become one of us. " The man said, watching the weak human slump onto the ground. Two more men entered the room. They yanked the boy off the ground as he screamed in pain from the harsh movement on his injured self. He was thrown into a chair and tied down, cuts reopening in the process. He felt a harsh pull on his hair, yanking his head back. The boy started thrashing, which he hadn't done since the beginning.

" J-just kill me. You t-took my sister and my f-freedom. Just k-kill me. " He spoke out, his tears becoming uncontrollable. They didn't respond as he watched one of the men slice open his palm, letting the blood drip into a cup.

" Just drink this and all your pain will go away. The wounds won't be there and your bones will heal. " A man spoke, holding the cup close to his face. He shook his head, hurting himself in the process.

" I-I don't want to. I want t-to die. " He whimpered, feeling the hold on his hair tighten. He heard the man release a 'tsk' noise before someone harshly gripped his jaw. His mouth was forced open, even though he tried desperately to fight it. The man's blood was poured into his mouth as his jaw was forced closed.

" Now swallow it. " One of them said, holding his mouth firmly closed. The male fought as hard as he could, managing to push the liquid out of his closed lips. He heard the man growl in his ear as all the liquid left his mouth.

" Tsk. It would have been easier for both of us if you just swallowed. Get the tube. " He said, motioning towards the other men. His jaw was forced open once again, a man returning with a clear tube. He coughed rapidly as the tube was pushed down his throat. He screamed as one of the men ran their blood down the tube and into him. He burned his wrists on the rope, pulling on them and trying to break them. Once the last bit of blood ran into his body, they removed the tube. The raven-haired male burst into a coughing fit, a little blood trickling down his chin. He felt a strong, uncomfortable tingle in his chest and stomach. Then, consciousness completely left him.

**Taehyung's POV**

I finished showering after the fun Jungkook and I had at the pool. I changed into a loose tee shirt and sweatpants before leaving the room. Jungkook spotted me and waved me over to the couch. I happily went over to him, cuddling into his side. I yawned tiredly, pulling my knees up to the couch.

" Can you stay awake to listen to a story? " Jungkook asked, hesitance in his voice.

" A story about what? " I asked.

" I promised to tell you about my past and I want to tell you the first part. " Jungkook said, clearly nervous to even bring up this topic. I perked up, warmly smiling at him.

" I can always manage to stay up to listen to you. " I said, trying to comfort him by rubbing his arm. I never know if my intentions are met, though. I heard him take a deep breath even though he doesn't actually need to breathe.

" I don't remember my birth year. " Jungkook said, stalling the subject.

" Do you remember your birthday? " I asked.

" September first of some year. No use celebrating it when I don't age. " He said, pulling me closer to him even though we were already squished next to each other.

" Can I ask why you're afraid to tell me? " I asked, trying to keep my boundaries. Last time I pressed him to talk, he got mad.

" I don't know. I really want to tell you because I trust you enough, but I just....don't want to get emotional in front of you again? " He said, questioning his own words.

" Just talk and stop if you want to. " I said, laying my head on his chest. I felt him nod, before beginning to speak.

" I had a mother, father, older brother, and younger sister. My sister and I were fifteen years apart so I felt almost like her guardian because my parents were never home. " He started.

" I bet she was adorable. " I said.

" She was. The last time I saw her, I had stolen her a tiger pin and a flower because I didn't have the money to buy them myself. I wanted her to have them. " He said, his hand finding it's way into my hair.

" That was sweet of you. " I said, making sure he knew I was listening. Jungkook laughed softly.

" It was illegal. That was the last night I saw her. I told her to go to bed and that I would play with her the next morning, but never did. " He said, frowning at his memories. I sat silently, waiting for him to continue.
" Can I tell you more some other time? " He asked. I nodded, not wanting to pressure him into talking. I squeaked when he flopped sideways on the couch, taking me with him. He was now laying on his back while I was awkwardly moving while trying to find a comfortable position. I eventually just laid backward, my back touching his chest. I felt his arms snake around my waist, settling themselves there. I yawned once again, trying to keep myself awake.

" You can sleep. " He said as if he was reading my thoughts.

" Right here? " I asked, not against the idea because I really didn't want to get up. His chest isn't that uncomfortable.

" Yeah. You aren't heavy. " He said. I allowed my eyes to flutter shut, feeling him adjust his arms. I soon fell asleep in Jungkook's hold, deep sleep welcoming me quickly due to the feeling of safety and security.