Chapter 22

**Taehyung's POV**

" Do you like sweets? " Jungkook randomly asked me.

" I like almost anything. " I said in response.

" Follow me to the kitchen. " He said. What is he planning? It was the next day and Jungkook was spending a lot of time with me again. We arrived at the kitchen.

" I went out and bought something while you were asleep. " He started. Last time he went out and bought something, my hair became orange. I actually like the orange hair, though. I watched as he opened the fridge.

" I got these packs of cookie dough so we could make cookies for you. " He said, pulling out three packs.

" You can make cookies? " I questioned. I've only ever had them from stores. They give them away for free.

" Yep. I got three types because I don't know what you like. Double chocolate, chocolate chip, and peanut butter. " He said, showing me the packages.

" So, how do you make them? " I asked. He flipped over the package, reading something on the back.

" Heat up the oven. Place parchment paper on cookie sheet. Set cookies two inches apart. Bake for fifteen minutes. " He voiced. I'm going to assume those are the instructions. He went to a cabinet, grabbing a huge metal pan.

" Got the cookie sheet. " He spoke,  mostly to no one. He pulled a long box out of a drawer, white paper rolling out of the box.

" Parchment paper. " He said, placing the paper on the cookie sheet.

" Let's start with the double chocolate. Do you want to do this part? " He said, turning to me. I nodded as he handed me the opened package. This smells delicious.

" What do I do? " I asked, placing the cookie dough on the counter beside me.

" Break each little square off where the ridge is and place them about this far apart on the sheet. " He said, showing the spacing with his fingers. I nodded, pulling off the first square of dough. I placed it on the top, left hand corner of the sheet. I spaced the next one next to it, looking at Jungkook for approval. He nodded as I continued to place them. I eventually placed all the squares, setting the empty tray that they came in on the counter.

" There's room for another, so let's put the chocolate chip ones on there too. " He said, handing me another package. I began to do the same thing I was doing before, trying to get the spacing even. I finished placing the chocolate chip ones on it, grabbing both empty trays.

" Where's the garbage? " I asked, realizing that I had no clue where it was. He rolled open a large drawer, revealing the trash can. I threw the trays in it, returning to the cookie sheet. A ding echoed throughout the room.

" I'll put these in the oven. " Jungkook said, grabbing the sheet while pulling the oven open. Hot air emitted from the open chamber. He slid the sheet inside, gently shutting it.

" Now what? " I asked watching as he tapped at his phone.

" I'm setting an alarm for fifteen minutes. We wait. " He said. He set his phone down on the table, pulling out one of the chairs. I did the same, sitting across from him. I tapped my fingers on the table, using it to entertain myself.

" I just realized how many cookies this is making. You best of really like them. " He said. I nodded.

" I used to get them free from stores all the time. " I said.

" You've never had homemade ones? " He asked, seemingly surprised. I shook my head.

" That's sad. Fresh homemade ones are the best. " He said, checking his phone. That reminds me of something.

" Did you take my phone when I first got here? " I asked.

" Oh yeah. Do you want it back? " He asked me.

" Not really. It doesn't do anything besides call emergency services and my parents anyways. " I said.

" I also shut it off so no one could track it. " He stated. Wow, he really was making sure I couldn't be found. 

" How long until the cookies are done? " I asked.

" About seven minutes. " He said. I waited patiently in silence, a delicious smelling aroma filling the air. Finally, a beeping noise came from Jungkook's phone.

" Their done. " He said, opening the oven. A tray full of cookies came out, my stomach beginning to growl.

" When can I eat them? " I asked, suddenly really wanting the cookies.

" They need to cool first. " He answered. I sat back down at the table, waiting. He pulled a thing out of the drawer, shoving it under a cookie and lifting it up. He bagan to place all of the cookies on a large plate. He finished moving all of the cookies, setting the plate full of them on the table.

" Let's start the peanut butter one's, then you can eat them. " He said. I went back over to the cookie sheet. He replaced the white paper that was on it with fresh paper. I grabbed the package of peanut butter cookie dough, beginning to place it just like the other ones. Once I finished, I sat back down at the table.

Jungkook went to put these ones in the oven as well. However, instead the whole tray left his grip, colliding with the ground. Cookie dough flew all over, dotting the floor. Without knowing, I burst into laughter. I closed my eyes as I laughed, trying to regain my breath. I eventually stopped opening my eyes to see Jungkook staring at me. I cocked my head to the side.

" That's the first time I've seen you smile, let alone laugh. " He said. I blinked a couple times.

" Really? " When I think back, I can't even remember the last time I smiled.

" Even when I could clearly tell you we're happy, you never did. I had to look into your eyes to see your emotion because you didn't show it otherwise. " He said. I never have thought about any of this.

" I guess I just don't smile much. " I said, my eyes finding interest in the table.

" I need to drop things more often. " He said. I felt a rush of air beside me, lifting my eyes to see Jungkook. I now see why I had no chance at out running him. He ran around the room at a speed my eyes could barely see, picking up everything he dropped. He finished, rinsing his hands off in the sink. He got a small plate from the cabinet setting it in front of me.

" You can eat them now. " He said, placing five cookies on the plate. I went to pick one up, but he stopped me.

" You said I could have them. " I said, confused.

" They taste best with milk. " He said, pouring a glass of it.

" Says the one who doesn't eat. " I responded.

" Hey. I CAN eat them. They just taste like nothing to me. " He said as he placed the milk beside me. I shoved one of the cookies into the milk, letting it soak in before eating it. He's right though. These ones are much better than the ones you can get at the store. I continued eating the cookies, enjoying the sweet and warm sensation.

" So I was thinking. " Jungkook started.

" Mhm. " I hummed, my mouth being used to chew.

" I want to take you outside. " He said. I swallowed.

" You've already done that. " I said, turning to look at him.

" No. I mean during the day. Into the city. " He said. The city is where my parents are.

" Can you leave during the day? " I asked.

" I can. It's just a pain in the ass. " He said. I thought for a moment before nodding and eating another cookie. What's the chance that we will run into my parents anyways? Jungkook wouldn't let them take me back even if we did see them, right? I began to get excited at the thought. There's so much in the city I haven't done. I finished the cookies, drinking whatever was left of the milk. I looked up at him.

" It's eleven at night. You should sleep now so you will be up when it's morning. " He said, taking my empty dishes. I complied, even though I'm not at all tired. I walked towards the stairs, thoughts of all the fun things I could do spinning through my head. I can't wait.