Chapter 35

**Taehyung's POV**

Jungkook and I left the bathroom after we both calmed down. I don't want to anger him again so I decided that I would be more careful. He lead me through the crowd, which held fewer people than it did when we first arrived. He had his hands on my shoulders while I walked in front of him. We walked across the house that was unfamiliar to me, eventually coming across a couch in a quieter part of it. Yoongi sat on the couch while drinking something with Jimin cuddled against him. I heard Jungkook clear his throat, directing their attention to us. 

" Can you guys watch someone better than Jin? " Jungkook asked, nudging me slightly to join them on the couch. I took a few steps forward, being welcomed into a hug by Jimin. I returned the hug, sitting on the couch next to them. 

'His hugs aren't as warm as Jungkook's.' I thought to myself. Jungkook has very warm hugs despite his physically cold temperature. 

" What did Jin do? " Yoongi asked as Jimin returned to clinging to him. 

" I don't know. I wasn't there. All I know is that someone managed to lure him away with Jin standing right next to him. " Jungkook said, an annoyed look flashing on his face. I stayed silent as they talked, Jimin and Yoongi agreeing to watch me. 

" Taehyung. " I heard Jimin say as I turned my head to face him. 

" Yeah? " I responded.

" How's your night going? " He asked. 

" Well, someone tried to drug me and Jungkook yelled at me. " I said, remembering the recent events. 

" Jungkook was probably just concerned. He wouldn't yell at you without a reason. " Jimin said. 

" Yeah, there was a reason. I may or may not have done two of the three things he said not to do. That's how I almost got drugged. " I said. 

" That would be why he yelled. " He responded. 

" I wasn't trying to. He had the same aura that Yoongi and Jungkook have. I don't know how to explain it. It just makes me feel urged to listen to them. " I tried explaining. 

" What color were his eyes? " Yoongi asked out of nowhere. 

" Yellow, I think. " I said, trying to remember the person's features. 

"  Dang foreigners. The locals don't try and mess with Jungkook. " Yoongi said, scoffing. 

" If you don't get it, vampire eye color depends on your eye color as a human. If he had yellow eyes, his human eyes were probably blue or gray. " Jimin explained. 

" People from here have brown eyes. " Yoongi said. 

" Which would make their eyes red? " I questioned, trying to understand what they were saying. 

" Orange, red, or black. " Yoongi stated. 

" Why don't the locals try to mess with him? " I asked. I watched as they hesitated and exchanged glances between each other. I think I asked something that I wasn't supposed to. 

" You'll need to get that from Jungkook. Be careful because that's a sensitive topic for him. " Jimin said, causing me to sigh. A thought popped into my head, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea. I decided that I would just go for it. 

" Jimin. " I said as he looked at me curiously. 

" Yes? " He responded 

" Can I talk to you about something. " I quietly asked him, nervously playing with my fingers. 

" Alone? " He asked and I nodded. He told Yoongi that he would be right back before waving me to follow him. I followed him upstairs where there was absolutely nobody. We walked into a room and he closed the door. 

" Ask away! " He said in a happy tone. I took a deep breath while I played with the sleeve of my shirt. 

" How do you know if you like someone? " I asked, my voice becoming quiet and timid.

" May I ask where this is coming from? " He asked and I gulped. Should I tell him what happened? 

" Jungkook k-kissed me and told me that he liked me. " I said, deciding that it was safe for him to know. 

" I see. How did you feel about that? " He asked. This feels awkward, but I think he's trying to help me. 

" I don't know. That's why I'm confused. I kind of liked it. " I said, honestly. 

" Well, this is complicated because I don't feel emotion the same way you do. " Jimin said. 

" What do you mean? " I asked, subconsciously sitting on a nearby armchair. 

" It's hard to explain. No one tells you about it before you get turned. Like, a common thing that happens with humans when you're near someone you like is an increased heart rate. Vampires hearts don't beat so obviously that doesn't happen. " He said while I nodded along. 
" Speaking of that, does that happen to you? " He asked. I wasn't prepared for a question. I thought to myself for a moment before responding. 

" Only when he does certain things. " I said, staring at the carpeted floor below my feet. 

" Don't be embarrassed. I want to help and I'm not going to judge. Tell me what things cause that. " He said, sliding a chair in front of mine to sit on it. Now that I'm thinking back, it's happened a lot more than I realized. 

" It happens when he stares at me with that look he gets. I can't describe it. Or when he gently touches my shoulders and arms like he thinks he's going to break me. " I said, starting to ramble a bit. I watched Jimin nod along. 

" Do you get nervous around him? " He asked. 

" Not really. " I responded right away. 

" No? "

" I feel very safe and comfortable with him. Not nervous. " I said, trying to be as honest with my feelings as possible. 

" Hmm, alright. What's the first thing that comes to your mind when you think of him? " He asked. 

" When he smiles his fangs pop out slightly and I think its kind of cute. " I said, not sure if I even answered the question. I didn't even realize when a smile appeared on my face. 

" You think his fangs that stab into living beings and suck their blood out of them are cute? " He asked, laughing when I nodded. 

" What do you think? " I asked, trying to go back to the original topic. 

" Oh, I could tell from the moment you started talking that you absolutely adore him. I just think you jumped right over the crush stage. " He said. I tilted my head in confusion. 

" What do you mean? " I asked, slightly embarrassed at my lack of knowledge. 

" A crush is the first step of liking somebody romantically. You will get very nervous and flustered around them, but still excited and giddy. It sounds like you still like him romantically, but the only one who can say for sure is yourself. I just get the feeling that you WANT him to be affectionate towards you and you WANT him around you all the time. " He explained. 

" This helps me think. Thank you Jimin. " I said, standing up. Jimin stood up as well, taking me out of the room to return to the party. When we walked down the stairs, the house was completely empty and Jungkook was nowhere in sight. I followed Jimin around the house, seeing Yoongi sitting in the same place he was when we left. I started to feel drowsy as we approached the couch, Jimin casually flopping himself next to Yoongi. 

" Took you long enough. " Yoongi said as I sat, leaving a space in between Jimin and me. I spaced out into my own thoughts as they talked, not really engaging in the conversation. If everyone is gone, why isn't Jungkook back yet? I wonder what he's doing. I didn't notice my body slowly leaning to the side, the pillow next to me seems very inviting. I closed my eyes thinking that I'd just let them rest for a second, not realizing when I dozed off completely.