the six knights

Val woke up early in the morning went down only to find a disgruntled looking Charles muttering under his breath , Tamara sharpening her sword looking like she was getting a kick out of Charles displeasure, corvan with his nose in a book, Rowe sitting with his usual charming smile, and an apathetic looking Brindon .

" good morning everyone " she greeted.
" good morning valeriana " Rowe greeted " good morning val" tam greeted happily " morning " Brindon replied and all val got from covan was a little nod earning him a glare from the fifth ranker which he was too busy reading to notice , Charles muttered some greetings as he keep on glaring at the kitchen door .

" is everything ok?" Val asked look to the kitchen confused

" she will not let me in!" Charles muttered angrily

" Joan has banned Charles from entering the kitchen today" tam informed val and as if to prove her point Charles walked to the kitchen door.

" Joan I wo-" he started but was cutoff by a knife being thrown at his face followed by a fire ball
"Get out" she commanded.

" and am the one that's not allowed to use my gun" aneeka stated as she took a sit while Rowe chuckled and Charles once again begrudgingly took his sit.

" Bah-ha!, that was a little too harsh Joan don't you think !" Tamara shouted while laughing earning a glare from the forth ranker

" harsh " Brindon agreed nodding his head.

" why do you borther , let her cook for you for exchange " corvan said.

" it's not than I don't want her cooking ,I love her cooking. it's that she doesn't want me to get her pie recipe " Charles sighed he'd been trying to get that recipe for years.

" she's making her special pie? " corvan said a glint in his eye's its been long since he tasted that pie, Charles nodded .

" val can help" tam told them

" what?"

" she can go in and try to get the ingredients Joan puts in the pie" the third ranker told them ,on seeing Val's apprehensive look toward the kitchen Charles quickly added " don't worry valeriana , am the only one not allowed in the kitchen "

After much encouragement val walked into the kitchen to see Joan in an apron putting what looks to be the pie in the oven she turn to look at val.

" good morning valeriana " she greeted " if he sent you to figure out my recipe ,as you can see am already finished " she told the fifth ranker who was distracted by the way her eyes seemed to shine brighter as she cooked her hair was drawn back to reveal a perfectly sculptured face. val could swear the general looked even more beautiful today , her face even seemed more relaxed,the clothes she wore defined her shape even if she was young she looked mature come to think of it if Joan was just 17 and Charles was over twenty dose them being together count as child abuse, and how old are you supposed to be before you could be married, val was 18 and supposed to be married to corvan so maybe they marry young, at the thought of corvan val blushed and fiddled the ring on her finger ,seeing this Joan smiled.

" oh, would you like to learn so you could make for corvan ?" She asked innocently

"W..what?" Val said flustered

" yes it's true my cousin dose love this pie, it would please him if you'd someday cook for him as his betrothed " Joan said not finding it difficult to hold back her smile " I could make an exception for you " the general finished.

" um ,me and corvan -"

"Save your breath I already known, but that doesn't mean I do not have my own opinion"