Chapter 3: Fight Night

We walk making our way into the wide ally. The lower level fighters are on right now. The owner, Liam, sets this up and helps get bids in. Since a lot of bids are on me, he makes a lot of money and I get a portion that increases with every fight.

We watch and cheer on the fighters. I turn away and I take a quick look at my phone. Ten minutes till I fight. I got to go now.

The guys try to explain what is going on even though I know exactly what is going on in the fights. I have never seen them here before, wonder if I am normally just that distracted, or I didn't know who to look for.

"Sorry to interrupt but I really have to go, my parents will be home soon and I will be on lockdown if I don't get home before seven."

"Champions about to come out, say you had to do some extra work," Trever says looking at me and back to the fight.

"I really can't."

"Alright, you want a ride back?" A says turning his attention to me and away from the fast-moving fight.

"That's alright, I can find my way back, thanks for the night though."

"No problem. See ya later."

"Bye."

I walk away but once I turn the corner I bolt around the building and into the old bathrooms turned into locker rooms. I hide my bag in my locker and quickly put on my gym shorts that are too short but all I have, my boxing shoes, a tank top and my black hoodie over it. 

I put my hair in a messy bun and pull a beanie over my eyes just a little but still able to look through the holes then I put my hood over it. I wrap my hands in a baby blue wrap matching my shorts. I finish quickly. I close my locker and re-write my name on the whiteboard duck taped to it.  I stretch and warm up a little before Liam knocks on the door. I run over and open it. I'm mute now, all part of the role. He walks in a little

"You ever gonna show your face to anyone? I mean I give you a paycheck, and I still don't know your face."

I shake my head 'no' and smile. Especially not now. I don't want anyone knowing who I really am. I don't need to get into fights at school. And I don't need to start looking like someone else and appear that way to everyone at school.

"Alright, let's go. Your fight is almost ready."

Nerves flow through me but I shake it out as I walk out behind Liam. I walk into the circle and cheers start to sound. I look seeing the bad boys cheering. Funny how they aren't fighting and I am.

I stand in one end while the other girl stands opposite of me. Her eyes trail up my body as if surprised that she has to fight me and not someone bigger. To bad this girl is gonna take your title.

"Finally, for the fight of the night, Tori V.S Alisha! Alisha with a hundred three wins and three losses and Tori, ninety-nine wins, zero losses. For the champion belt, here we go."

We walk up to each other. Like every fight, you do a small high five followed by a fist bump. I hold to my word and attempt one but the other person has the choice to be brag full when they win or win with dignity. Or, you know, lose with no dignity. Which is normally the case.

I reach my hand out but as she goes to reach out she slides her hand back and runs it through her hair with a deep smirk etched on her face. I walk back, turning my back to them then turning back around as I reach the end.

"Fighter you ready? Fighter you ready?"

I nod my head.

"Go!"

I walk towards the center and we both high five before she takes one huge step towards me turning her whole body and hips into a punch aimed right for my face.