Chapter 22: Third Day In The System

I wake up and aren't tired. Since that's not normal, I jump up and look out the window. The sun is just now coming out, leaving the majority of things still in darkness. I grab a new pair of clothes and go take a shower. I am dressed in light jeans, converse, and a thick white T, that isn't see through, with the leather jacket Gray gave to me. I pull it tighter around myself, drama may be over but I'll miss those goofballs.

I look over and see Alan asleep still. The sun is just coming up so it makes sense. I tuck my wet, curly hair behind one ear and sneak out my phones. I check my own first. One hundred, forty-seven messages. I sigh. All from the guys. 

Gray: Beth? You up?

Trever: She hasn't responded since she left. Don't think she even has her phone anymore

Mason: Worth a shot

Me: Hey guys. Lot's going on. Not allowed to have phones here so I have to kinda sneak around. Sorry, how have you guys been?

L.J.: About time you show up!

A: No kidding

Mason: We're good, but how bout you?

Me: Connected with some old friends, eating garbage food, you know, nothing to special

Trever: You able to come back?

Me: Not sure yet, gtg soon, roommate is gonna wake up

Gray: Who's your roommate?

Me: Why?

A: Cause we are your friends and we can ask questions | - )

Me: a guy named Alan

L.J.: He know about us?

Me: Yes, I gossip about all of you 24\7. No, in reality, my girl friends asked and won't stop bugging me and he overheard

Mason: What do you mean bugging you?

Me: You guys have selective reading

Gray: Well?

Me: It's dumb, no biggie

Trever: Okay what is it?

Me: Seriously. Hows life outside? Fights?

A: Good, Tori is on hiatus. Back to your friends bugging you about us. They cute?

Me: One of you guys slap him for me?

Gray: Sure, what exact rumors have you told?

Me: None!

Gray: Okay, what did they say about us?

Me: They were bugging me about asking one of you guys out and you guys liking me.

Trever: Hah!

Me: Ouch (but those were my words as well)

L.J.: ...........

Gray: I like your friends.

Me: Of course you would say that.

Mason: Asking one of us out?

Me: Their words, not mine

Me: Gtg, roommate waking up, bye! TTYL

I quickly turn off the phone and hide it as Alan starts to wake up. I grab a few things from my bag and make it look like I was unpacking. I tuck my hair back again as it falls in my face. I grab a few pairs of clothes and put them into an empty drawer of the dresser. It's not like I think Alan would snitch on me. But I think Willow might find out and either borrow it and get caught or they will go through my text history. Some things need to stay just mine. I take off my jacket and set it to the side.