Chapter 13: Gray On Ice

The guys watch smirking and I stay standing, unmoved. 

"You're really pushing it aren't you Beth?"

"You kidding? It's taking everything I got not to throw a punch right now." I chuckle nervously.

He isn't really gonna do it is he? He wouldn't, right? Right? He wouldn't go that far. But my nerves are sounding the red alarm. I have never had I guy I knew this close to kissing me. This has never happened before. My heart beats a little faster from nerves and I feel shaky but I keep my arms crossed and stand unmoved. 

"This is record-breaking no one has ever stood this long without kissing. Especially Gray." L.J. says like he is announcing a fight.

"I am really surprised by your self-restraint not to kiss me yourself," Gray says.

His hot breath looms over my face.

"Yeah, it's a struggle," I say jokingly 

"By the red covering your face, I can tell."

"You do realize this is not gonna break me right?"

He says nothing and continues to smile at me. The guys chuckle. Is he really gonna kiss me just to get me to throw a punch? What is wrong with these guys?

"I think this is the most convincing person Gray has ever faced lady and gentlemen." L.J continues to speak.

He quickly moves his face so close to mine that our bottom lips are almost touching. I flinch about to step back as he does and drop my arms. It only makes his smile grow. 

"So I can get a reaction out of you."

His hot breath attacks my face making it almost hard to breathe. I raise an eyebrow at him. When I see his head move again knowing he has the nerve and will kiss me so I move to the side and kiss him on the cheek as I step beside him and cross my arms.

"Wow, did not think you were actually going to do it." I say chuckling knowing my face is red.

"You look like a strawberry," Mason says smiling.

"Probably because his breath smelled like Doritos."

"Honestly shocked you didn't punch him."

"Same."

"Your not the only one," I say.

"Why not just the punching bag?"

"I'm...hold on I need to think of an excuse."

Mason tosses me some wraps. They won't give this up, will they?

"Why do you guys care so much?"

"Wanna see how well you can actually fight."

"I can fight. Isn't that enough?"

"Nope."

"How about this? I'll let you guys finish that episode of walking dead if you let this go."

They look at each other.

"We are only letting this go for now," Mason says rushing downstairs with everyone but Gray following.

I look over to Gray as he smirks at me.

"Were you actually going to kiss me?"

"If you didn't step off to the side, you would know."

With that, he walks downstairs. I watch him leave. He turns back to me and shakes his head at me before leaving. I stand there. What just happened?