Chapter 11: Kisses+Broken Ribs

"That has to be the cleverest song for any girl."

"Why are we talking about the song? Beth just got kissed for the first time!"

"Well?"

"It was underwhelming and sad. I lost a spicy fry too. It's a sad day."

Trever somehow got back up and sits in his chair.

"I'm gay," Gray says laughing at me.

"That's not what it's called."

"Yeah, I know. That's why it made him back off."

"Wow."

Emma hugs me from the side

"You hit those lyrics perfectly."

"Thanks, so did you. You girls were in serious sync."

"Okay, look, I like this girl. Don't mess her up! Got that?" Charolett says pointing her finger at the guys.

They smile nodding their heads.

"Too late, the girl already gave someone a bloody nose."

The girls look to me.

"Before you say anything, in my defense, they were messing with me. And have been for awhile. He bully's everyone to."

"What's on your cheek?"

"They cut her cheek after giving the guy a gusher." A says smiling at me.

"Honestly I am just liking you more and more," Charlotte says smiling.

We continue to talk and soon leave. We head out the door and I am last. I soon feel an arm around my back. I look over and see the same guy still there as we walk. I watch the guys watching him and me.

"Leaving already?"

"Leaving you behind."

"Still playing hard to get?"

He drops his hand lower and I hear my sense of control shatter like glass. I turn and punch him in the gut so hard he quickly backs off. The girls and guys look to me fully. I cover my mouth not meaning to possibly break a rib. Just make him suffer a little. His friends turn the corner and shock cover their faces.

"Hey, Beth?"

"Yeah?"

"That as possibly the best punch I had ever seen," Mason says.

They rush over and carry him back but smile at the other girls giving signs to call them.

"I don't even know what that was," Gray says looking at me.

My fist soon throbs with pain.

"Aw shoot."

I grab my hand and bury it in my stomach. I soon shake it out knowing that it won't help.

"I think I may have broken a knuckle."

L.J. comes over smiling and grabs my hand. It is bruising and starting to swell. He touches my knuckles and I wince.

"Just bruised. He would be lucky if you didn't break his ribs."

"Was it worth it?" Trever says smiling at me

"Completely worth it. Completely painful."

The girls smile at me and I take a soft grip on my crutches as we walk back to the car through the snow. My crutches leave a long line and I have to be careful not to slip. The snow is still falling. We make it to the cars.