Chapter 43: Being Traumatized

We walk into the school and people stare at us the whole way down till we catch up to the guys.

"Hey, guys," I say as we walk up.

They turn to us and their faces go white.

"We left you two alone for a few hours. How did it turn to this?" Gray says.

"What do you two do when we're not around?" Alan says.

"Like are you two rebelling against hair?" Trever says.

"Are you guys saying we don't look good?" I ask crossing my arms.

Willow does the same as me.

"No- I mean I don't mean that you guys don't look pretty- I mean-"

"That's not- what we were-"

Me and Willow smile at each other as they get tongue-tied.

"I have cancer. Beth was about to shave her head too but I got her to choose a bald cap instead." Willow says.

"You have cancer?" Alan says solemnly.

"Stage three but they said I should be okay after a few rounds of chemo and a surgery."

"Sorry, you have to go through that," L.J. says sincerely.

"You mind me asking what type of cancer?" Alan says.

She shifts from foot to foot, I can tell she doesn't wanna say it because it makes her uncomfortable.

I point to my pink hat and they quickly realize what it is.

"Hey, look at the bright side, teachers will excuse you if you wanna skip class." A says smiling sadly.

"Well, well, well, when did the coneheads move in?" Lela says behind us.

We turn and sure enough, all eight of them are there. All the school bullies.

"Look, I'm not sure if it's because your mom was a [bleep] or you hit your head too many times that you don't know when to back off but here's your warning. She may not fight but I sure as [bleep] do." Willow says like the bad girl she is.

"Oh, the cone head speaks! To bad those words will only get her in trouble." Britney says.

"Why don't you stop why'll your ahead?" Willow says.

"Why don't you go kill yourself?" Courtney says as she shoves Willow into the ground. Hard.

She hits the ground and winces and I see tears in her eyes and Courtney and the others laugh and I snap. I quickly pull my fist back and at a good amount of force punch her in the face, sending her flying back into the guys as they all back up.

 David steps up to me and punches me in the face but I quickly recover even though I can feel my lip begin to swell.

The guys quickly go in front of me keeping me from throwing another punch and helping up Willow as David goes to throw another punch.

"KIDS!" We all quickly disperse as a teacher grabs me, L.J., Gray, Alan, David, and Courtney by the arm.

We are all lead to the office as everyone watches us. Me L.J., Gray, and Alan are all sent to the same room and sat down. The teachers all stay staring at us, waiting for us to move. We stay like this for awhile. We stay silent till the principle and two police officers walk in as the teachers leave.

The police officers stay behind us while the principle takes a seat in front of us. He leans back in his chair and sighs.

"You three I would expect this but Beth?" He says sitting up in his chair.