(Part 2) Chapter 14: Breakfast Bunch

Author's note: 

Jk, I just like seeing your reactions. Love ya! >; )

~~~~~

I jump up, realizing who it is, sheading my warm blanket and leaving the guys in my dust.

I rush up the stairs and to Rain's room, rushing in the door as everyone else crowds behind me. Rain is sitting right up, breathing heavily with sweat rolling down her face which reflects off her nightlight.

I come over to her and she stares forward in terror. Night terror. I get them pretty often but I'm sure she doesn't.

"Hey, look at me, it's alright. You okay?" I ask her as I move sweaty hair from her head as she looks at me.

She swallows heavily and nods her head.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" She whispers out in a terrified voice.

I smile at her.

"Of course, come here," I say holding out my arms.

She hangs onto me and I pat her back as I held her so that her arms and head go around my shoulders and her legs wrap around to my back.

"She alright?" Leo asks.

"Just a bad dream. I got her, go ahead and go back to sleep," I whisper.

They all disperse except for A who sticks around.

"Everything okay?"

"I got it. Go ahead and go to bed, she'll be alright."

"I meant you. You seem so calm about this."

"I've had my fair share of night terrors. Nothing out of the ordinary."

"Really?"

"Sure. I mean after everything I would be concerned if I didn't. I am just used to them. Go ahead and go to bed, it's like two AM.

"Alright then, see you tomorrow I guess."

"See you tomorrow," I say as I go into my room and he goes downstairs.

I tuck her into my bed and get in after her, making her curl up into me and I wrap my arms around her.

"Beth? Can I tell you what happened in my dream?"

"Sure."

"You were in a coma for a long time and one day you had stopped breathing and died. Then the house caught on fire and I was stuck in a room and that's when I woke up."

"As long as I am alive I will never let that happen to you. And I don't plan on leaving you any time soon."

She stays silent and I feel her smile appear but slowly fade as her breathes fall into a rhythm and slows steadily and I do the same.

oOoOo The Next Morning oOoOo

I slowly wake up and go to roll over before feeling a small body curled next to me. I quickly stop before I crush her and slowly move out of the bed. I keep her covered up and yawn as I stretch my arms over my head.

I put my hair into a messy bun and look at the clock. Five AM. Four hours of sleep is what I'm going on. Good thing I have learned how to go off of that. Coffee!

I smile slightly and quietly make my way downstairs. I start a morning cup of coffee as quietly as I can and get out a few pans. It's the weekend. School is gonna start eventually. I am gonna make as many good breakfasts as I can.