(Part 2) Chapter 9: Trouble In The Hood

They all joke about what they had pulled on me earlier and my expression as I sit back plotting my revenge. It is dark when we get back and they drop me off.

Gray smiles at me and doesn't move out of the way for me to get out.

"Magic word?"

I turn to Mason sitting to the other side of me and he smiles at me.

"Magic word is the only way you're getting out," he says smiling.

'Please?' I mouth, obviously annoyed.

"Actually it was 'move' but you're cute so you get a free pass," Mason says getting out. 

I roll my eyes and step out while he gets back in.

"Wait, Beth!" Willow calls after me as I start to the house.

She tosses a small case with a cd inside. I catch it and she rolls back up her window.

I wave to them as they drive off.

I follow after Leo as we head inside. I look over the case, making me almost walk into a few walls and almost trip over the stairs. 

Inside is four disks and on the clear case written in black scratched up sharpie reads 'Growing up.'

I smile as I head upstairs. I take a shower and go to my bedroom, changing into gym clothes even though it's only six. I plan on heading out and leaving sooner so that I can watch these. I quickly repack my bag and wrap my hands as I go out the front door.

I walk down the cold street. Seeing the same scene. Worn down houses, flickering street lights, dogs barking and mysterious people talking with their faces covered. Would it hurt the city to care just a little bit about this area? 

I walk with that same confident look. It was a lot easier to go down this street when I was young and somewhat innocent. Now I can feel the eyes watching me. 

I soon make it there regardless and see all of them lined up around the ring, sparring with one another. I quickly go to my locker and take out my helmet, mouth guard and gloves after putting my hair up.

I go in line with the others and stand in the back with Jared.

"Friends that kidnapped you finally let you go?"

I sigh and smile sheepishly, slightly nodding my head.

Okay confession time, when I was younger I did actually have a huge crush on Jared. Me acting awkward around him was my usual self to him. He was a year older then I and I'm not gonna lie, he's pretty cute. I got over it after I didn't see him for so long and I was a bit broken hearted but I got over it. Now that he and I are older...I'm still awkward. Not because I have a huge crush on him but because I can only think of how lovesick I used to be over him.

I put on my helmet on as we wait in line. Jace and Pablo are next and I watch Pablo wink at me before getting into his stance. Aw, he's gonna destroy Jace for me!

Ahead of us is Henry and he notices Pablo wink in my direction and he looks over at me. Jared is watching this unfold.

He looks to me and scoffs slightly as he eyes me. I turn to him and give him my best rage, evil, murder look and can create. His fury that hides behind his eyes flitches at my death glare and he turns back to the fight. I beat him once before, I could do it again. He knows that.

Once he turns his head back to the fight, I do the same.

Jared nudges my arm slightly and I look over and up at him. He smiles at me before putting his arm around my shoulders still smiling and he whispers to me loud enough for only me and Henry to hear.