Chapter 26: Sixth Day Continued

"Fine, but only if we are continuing this conversation," Alan says standing up.

We all stand up and I grab Gray's jacket and slide it on. I watch them all smirk at me except for Gray who puts his arm around my shoulders.

We all walk out in possibly the biggest group ever. We all grab a tray of food and sit down, taking a whole table. I sit between Alan and Gray with Willow and Carla across from me.

"So, Beth, what's all this tough girl, nerd, bullied stuff?"

I quickly grab an apple and take a huge bite, filling my mouth so it's impossible to talk.

"Really?"

I shrug my shoulders.

"This is seriously how you're going to avoid this?" Willow asks raising an eyebrow.

"Yes," I mumble out covering my mouth as I talk with a mouth full.

I watch Willow look over my head and from the smirk on her face that disappears into an angry face, I can tell it's one of three people behind me. I don't look and watch Alan look to behind me. I feel a hand on my shoulder and shrug it off as every one of us go stonefaced except for the guys who are amused.

"Hey, babe."

I quickly lose my breath and swallow the pieces of the apple in my mouth as I cough and choke.

"Breathe," Gray says patting my back.

A few of them laugh at my immediate reaction.

I turn around, my face red from choking and see the one and only Gage standing there.

"So he isn't a nobody like you said," L.J. says smirking at me.

"So you talk about me now huh?" He says amussed by this.

"What do you want?"

"You know very well what I want."

"Go away."

"Make me."

"Stop trying to get in her pant's! She's not interested! She has like six better guys surrounding her right now." Willow says which makes my face even redder.

I quickly turn and throw a few orange pieces at her. She laughs at me. The guys turn to her and me and notice my blushing which I just turn back to Gage.

"You heard her. Go away." Alan says.

"Only if you're coming with." He says looking to me.

"Not interested."

"Aw, come on."

He puts his hand on my arm and I try to push it off but he has a grip on my arm.

"Get your hands off of me."

"Okay, come on now, let her go," Alan says standing up.

I stand up as well as his grip tightens.

"You know you think otherwise about me."

He puts another hand on my injured wrist which makes me wince and the hand he had on my arm he moves to my hip.

"Get your f*&^%$# hands off her," Gray says standing up and facing him.

"This isn't your business." He quickly lets go of my hip and throws a fist at Gray, and hits him in the face.

Before Gray can retort I pull back my fist and pound it into his stomach, almost making him crumble as he hangs on my shoulder from the forceful blow.