Chapter 44: Reflection

I want so badly to scream at the reflection that I don't recognize and say it's not me. But I know it is.

I keep my tears down which makes my stomach twist. I grab the first aid kit as I look into the mirror. My face is covered in bruises and blood comes from my nose, forehead, and cheek. 

I grab a small hand towel and carefully watch my bloody hands as I cover it in cold water. I carefully clean my face. I look in the mirror and wince as I go over the cuts and bruises. I continue to clean up my face until the door swings open.

I let out a small scream and jump as I quickly turn and see Leo standing there as well as the guys with shocked and sad expression.

"What happened?" Gray says.

"I'm fine," I say turning back to the mirror.

I'm lying.

He puts his hand on my shoulder, turning me around and taking the towel from my hands.

"What happened?"

"What if I was actually using the bathroom? Go away." I say taking the towel back from him and turning back to the mirror.

"Beth, where are they?" Alan says.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I say as I continue to clean the cuts on my face.

It stings so badly I end up clenching onto the counter till my knuckles turn white. They don't leave and I look at them all looking at me in the mirror. I drop the rag in my hand and turn to them sighing.

"What are you guys doing here?"

"Wanted to make sure your okay," Mason says.

"I'm good. Can I please clean up my face now?"

"Where did it happen?" Leo says.

"An alley but it's none of your guys' business. It's not you're guys' problem. It's my own, I can handle it." I say turning back to the mirror. 

I pick up the rag, cleaning off the blood revealing the burn mark that is a lot deeper then I thought.

"Really, then what's the mark from?"

"It's my thing, you guys don't need to get involved," I say as I wince through my teeth as I clean up more of the cuts, blood, and dirt.

"Beth, where are they?"

They are not gonna leave me alone. I sigh and turn to them, walking out of the bathroom and to my room, locking the door and moving the dresser in front of it which makes my arms and legs hurt.

I head over to my vanity and sit down.

"Sorry guys," I say as I continue to clean up my face.

I soon hear the lock come open and the door starts to open until meeting the dresser.

"Really?"

"It's not your guys' business, you don't need to be involved with this, it's my problem and I'm good."

I continue to clean my face as they walk away. I finally finish cleaning off the blood and dirt showing all the cuts, bruises, and the burn mark. I look in the mirror and my lip quivers as I look at myself. 

Tears surface in my eyes and the window soon opens. I jump and look over and see the guys coming in. I quickly wipe away my tears and bite my quivering lip as I look at them. I won't cry in front of them. I refuse to. Won't happen. I haven't had a tear slip since I was five, this isn't gonna break me. They won't get to me.