Faking It

"I am going to drive.",announced Yash. None of them said a word more quietly slipping on their seats. Ranvijay nodded and occupied the front seat,while the girls sat on the backseats. They all were a bit sleepy by the time the car crossed the last milestone of the Manjeri hills. They didn't talk at all except for the fun-loving Yash who chattered non-stop without anyone's reply about his excitement,the adventures as he had imagined,his dream about getting the job of a police officer. Time went flying when they finally reached Manjeri at dawn.
After enjoying the sunset,chirping of birds and beautiful scenery. They stopped the car  by a hillside shop to get some breakfast and food,water for their upcoming adventures in the jungles of Manjeri.
Aashka got inside the shop to get the things when Yash mouthed,"Well,I am going with her ,just in case she tries to slap any stranger..to stop her. Can't help if she's so short-tempered."
Aditi laughed as Yash walked in the shop humming a melody cheerfully.
"Pack some mangoes,Chestnuts, biscuits for us.",Aashka said offering the shopkeeper money ,opening her wallet. The shop was small with few old furniture and some villagers playing cards.
"And a double egg omelette for me.",Yash added.
" Pay for your own food.",Aashka said looking away.
"So mean Aashka Sharma.",Yash pouted pretending to get hurt."I'm a poor guy...
"Okay fine. Stop this drama.",Aashka said instantly when she paid the shopkeeper who didn't hear their ongoing argument,for the recent order.
The shopkeeper was a short,dark-skinned,bald man with smiling eyes.
"Are you both here for honeymoon?",He asked curiously.
Yash was shocked and was about to protest,when Aashka stamped on his right foot and replied smiling,"Yes. We  just got married 2 weeks ago."
Married? 2 weeks ago? Thought Yash if he was hearing correctly looking at Aashka. She winked at him as she played the good wife."This place is so peaceful.",she added.
"Good. Good.",the man said smiling.Then suddenly he whispered to Yash,"Son,take care of your wife. Its not safe these days."
"Oh! Aashka is just checking if they are aware about the news or not.!Genius."Yash immediately understood when he questioned following the plan,"Why uncle? Criminal activities?"
"No,no son. We are the worshippers of Lord Venkateshwara.",He denied pinching his earlobes."But it seems that the lord is angry with us,with his devotees.",he sighed.
"How terrible it is? Yash ji I'm already scared.",Aashka exclaimed fearfully continuing her marvellous acting while Yash controlled his laughter. Her overacting was the funniest thing he had ever seen.
"Animal attack!",the man replied,"Some devil wolves are killing people. We never knew this till yesterday when we saw it in the news channel. So ghastly!We fools misinterpreted it to be the local epidemic at the Nilgiri. We lost many of our wood-cutters who went to collect firewood at the Nilgiri. And sadly,they killed our God like priests too. They preferred dying savaging their Lord's wrath. The true men,they were. Alas...",his voice turned choked as he wiped a tear.
"In the name of God,Aren't you planning something to stop it?",Aashka asked frowning.
"Yes daughter obviously.But we will wait till tomorrow,the day of the full moon,the auspicious day of our grand puja.Then the hunt begins. Those wolves are going to die like dogs.They will pay for killing our holy men.",he swore clenching his teeth."Make sure you both attend the puja organised tomorrow at the pious butterball of our lord. Take blessings from the holy temple too,for your new married life."