Lost in Time

INDIAN SECRET AGENCY-
"Probably she changed her SIM card.",snorted Vinay."I can't believe she is beginning to doubt us already."It had already been a month since Agent Aashka Sharma and Lisa Gommes had left for Manjeri to solve the mystery.

"She is just behaving like her mother! The same feistiness,stubbornness Aashka has in her young blood! ",snapped a frustrated Raj.

"C'mon yaar Raj.",chuckled Vinay. "Its been 25 years already since that incident. You have still not gotten over your ex-girlfriend. Kritika is dead,old boy."

"Keeping aside the fact that you know everything,Can we discuss something other than my damned personal life!",shouted Raj angrily now.

"Fine.",replied Vinay controlling his laughter."But how do we contact Aashka and Lisa? They have totally switched themselves off from us. We have no news how much progress they have shown. What if they have already reached the end of this mystery and came to know everything?"

"Then you and I would have been behind the bars by now.",growled Raj."For God's sake Vinay I will probably murder Aashka if she doesn't pick up,my next call."

"Just like you murdered her family...",added Vinay his lips twitching into a perfect wicked grin. Raj glared at him remembering the crime he had committed that paid him huge consequences..in his 50 year old life.

(A/N-Enjoy this flashback scene 😁😁😁)

Raj still remembered that day very well which changed his life..the day when Kritika had discovered him joining hands and collaborating with the corrupted members of the National Science Department..she didn't yell at him or cried..his Kriti looked disappointed all she had said was,"The Raj I knew,is no longer alive. I can't continue being in a relationship with a corpse."

Nothing Raj had pleaded ,said or intervened could any longer convince Kriti. She just packed her things and left their apartment without saying a word more. Raj was lost and broken...

But was Raj always a criminal? Everything was going so perfect with their lives. Raj and Kritika were both agents from the same department and had started dating a year after they joined the secret agency..Kritika was a strong,honest and beautiful agent with alluring green eyes that had attracted Raj Singhaniya. It was almost an one year old relationship and romance that was brewing between them..Raj wanted to get engaged and make things permanent but Kritika wanted things to go in a slow and patient manner..

The day he proposed her Raj still remembered himself saying,"I'll wait for you Kriti even if it's the last thing I do till I live."

They were really happy and focused with their professional lives too accomplishing every mission until that very day...that sinful day which changed everything.

Raj was expecting his cousin Mukesh Singhaniya ;a young yet successful scientist in their apartment.

Mukesh had been researching on the hybridisation of animals with his colleagues at Delhi..an act which was rumoured to be dangerous then because....it was just few years after the independence and the government remained diplomatic and would not plan for anymore violence..they felt creating monstrous creatures wasn't something that was required then and secondly it could prove to be fatal and against the laws to harm a particular species without any certified legal permission.

Mukesh ,he and Kriti had a gala time that evening. It was getting late and Raj decided to give his cousin a lift since they all were loaded with alcohol though sober.