New Adventures

Louis and I sat side-by-side on the sofa watching a movie, my head lightly resting comfortably on his shoulder. I looked down at our hands as he weaved his fingers in and out of mine. It had been two weeks since he had picked me up from the train station for my Christmas holiday. My eyes wondered from our hands inter twined to his sea blue eyes and watched as he studied each of my slender fingers, as if memorizing every inch of my hand.

"Hey El?" He whispered, not taking his eyes away from our hands.

"Hey Lou?" I whispered back with a hint of a giggle.

"Tickle attack!" Louis screamed and flipped over on top of me and began tickling my sides.

"Stop." I pleaded between my giggle fit. My eyes were scrunched tight and tears started to roll down my cheeks, but Louis just kept tickling me, his laughter filling the room along with mine. "Come on Lou, please." I pleaded again; laughing so hard I could barely breathe.

"Say the magic words." Louis laughed.

"Never!" I answered between laughs. Louis straddled me and started to tickle harder, I couldn't take it any more. "Okay, fine.  Louis is the best." As the words slipped through my lips, Louis stopped and sat up.

"See that wasn't so hard, now was it?" He smiled also trying to catch his breath.

We stayed in that position until both of our breathing had returned to normal. Without a word Louis brought one of his strong hands up to my face. He looked down at me as he held my face in his hand, moving his thumb softly near the corner of my eye.  His touch was soft, skilled, and gentle as he ran his fingertip along my face.  A wave of shivers went through my skin.

"You're beautiful." He smiled as he bent down and softly pressed his lips to mine. Butterflies filled my stomach as our lips connected.  I don't think I would ever get used to the feeling of his lips on mine, and I was okay with that. I let out a small whine as he pulled away. 

"You're not to bad yourself." I joked and smiled at him pulling him back down towards me so that our lips were once again dancing. After a few moments in that state Louis pulled away to sit up.

"I almost forgot," he smiled rising his eyebrows as he pushed himself off the couch, "I got you a little something." His voice trailed off as he ran into his bedroom. "A late Christmas present."

"You didn't have to get me anything." I yelled after him and sat up on the couch, crossing my legs Indian style.

Louis re-entered the room with a smile on his face and that twinkle in his eye that I had come to learn meant he was up to no good.

"For you." he laughed, as he skipped over in front of me and carefully placed the small gift into my lap.

"What is it?" I quipped, looking down at the loosely wrapped package in my hands with a raised eyebrow.

"Just open it." He smiled and rocked back and forth on his feet, the twinkle still in his eyes.

I slowly untied the small bow that held the package together. I looked up at Louis before I started to open it the rest of the way. He nodded his head at me to continue, excited to see me open his first gift to me.  I put my focus back on the gift and tore into the Christmas tissue paper and pulled out a pair of classic Ray-Ban Aviator sunglasses. I held the glasses in my hand, a little confused as to why this would be the gift that Louis would get me, I had never mentioned wanting them, nor had he ever seen me wear a pair of sunglasses.  Still I was touched by the fact that Louis had even taken the time to stop and buy me anything.

"How do they look?" I asked him as I slipped the glasses onto my face.

"Wonderful darling, simply wonderful." Louis sang happily.  "They'll look even better when you wear them in the mountains." He said giving me a boyish smirk.