Meeting Ms. Calder

Enjoy!

"Why are you so nervous?" Louis asked as the two of us sat at the stoplight waiting for the light to turn green, on our way to the restaurant where we would be meeting my mother for dinner. He rubbed the back of his neck slowly as he looked over at me as I twisted my hair to the side and looked out the window trying my best to stay calm.

"I don't know honestly..." I mumbled under my breath, I hadn't told Louis about the conversation I over heard my mum having with my Aunt the night before.  How could I?  When I had told Louis about the dinner plans he was so excited, he couldn't wait to meet my mum, I didn't want him to know that she didn't like him before they had even met.

Louis shot me a reassuring smile, taking my hand in his and leaning over towards me, not stopping until his entire upper half was laying on the middle console, his blue eyes with that unmistakable glint in them.  He quickly pecked my cheek as the light turned green and pulled away enough to give the road his full attention, though his hand stayed entwined with mine. I gave him a small smile and turned back towards the window, keeping my eyes focused on the world outside of the car for the rest of the ride, the knots in my stomach growing larger the closer we got to the restaurant. I wanted my mum to like Louis, to see that he was so much more than a boy in a band, I wanted her to see what I saw and not what the world saw. 

As we pulled up to the restaurant I let out a sigh of relief when I saw that there were no photographers there waiting, The last thing I needed my mum seeing was Louis being swarmed by flashing lights, definitely not the type of lifestyle you want your only child's boyfriend to lead. I was shaken out of my thought by the valet opening my door for me.  The cold early January air hit me hard and I pulled my coat closer to me as Louis walked around the car wrapping his arm through mine and smiling.

"Don't worry, parents love me." He laughed and kissed my nose.  All I could do was smile at him as he lead me into the restaurant. I turned back and looked at his car as the valet drove off with it, wishing that I could still be inside its warmth, not ready for the meal ahead of us. 

"Table for Tomlinson." Louis said to the blonde hostess.

"Louis Tomlinson?" The girl said with a mixture of surprise and excitement when she looked up and saw Louis.

"That would be me." Louis laughed as the girl's eyes fell on me, looking me over from head to toe.

"Is there a Ms. Calder here?" I asked her politely giving her my best smile, knowing that she probably thought I was some gold digger.

"Not that I'm aware of." She rudely said and turned her attention back to Louis. "Just the two of you then?" she batted her eyes at him as I looked around the restaurant seeing if my mum was already there, trying to ignore the fact the

"No we have a third." I smiled at her again.  She pulled three menus out and led us to our table, Louis and I walking hand-in-hand behind her.

Louis let go of my hand and pulled my chair out for me to sit before taking his own seat, if only my mum was here to have witnessed his gesture.

"Just let me know if there is anything I can do for you." The hostess said as she laid the menus in front of us, not taking her eyes off of Louis. Louis nodded and she walked away, making sure to sway her hips as she left hoping Louis would look, his eyes never looking away from me.

I reached for my phone to look at the time, it was five minuets after our scheduled time, I bit my lip, my mother was never late, never.  I was starting to worry that she wasn't going to turn up, that she already hated Louis so much that standing him up for dinner wouldn't be anything.  We sat in silence as we both looked at our menus, if Louis was nervous I couldn't tell, he was so calm acting, I started to wonder if he would be this nervous if I ever meet his family.  I kept playing with my hair, twisting it around and around until Louis took my hand, causing me to look up at him.