Chapter Thirty Five

"I don't know what to do

"I don't know what to do..." Sirius grumbled, holding his head in his hands.

"Are you in need of an extravagant Potter plan?" James smirked.
"Something tells me no." Remus added.

"Will you just tell me what to do?" Sirius looked around at them all in exasperation.

"It's clear. I'm thinking fireworks, singers, birds, everything!" James grinned, holding out his hands and gesturing to the image he was conjuring up in his head.
"I'm thinking you just ask Lily; she really knows Asteria." Remus suggested.

"That. That is a good idea." Sirius pointed his finger at Remus.
"It's been known to happen."

"Think my idea was good too." James grumbled to himself, "Don't you think?"
"I do." Peter spoke up.
"Thanks, Pete." James sighed.

"Save your craziness for when you actually get a girl." Sirius chuckled, "Now I need to find Evans."

"You're so hooked." Peter laughed quietly to himself.

"What?"
"He's got a point." Remus nodded, "You've never actually bothered us so much about a date before."
"You've never actually cared about a date before, let alone try to plan one with a girl's interest at heart." James added.

"Oh shut up."

Silence fell over the table as James muttered under his breath to himself and Sirius finally took his head out of his hands.
Sirius sat at the Gryffindor table that morning beside Remus, with James and Peter sat opposite. Remus happily munched on some  toast whilst the others all poked at the food on their plates.

"Not hungry?" Remus asked, looking up at his friends.

"Stupid mandrake leaves make everything taste like piss." James mumbled, swallowing more water.
"I think I'll pass on breakfast." Sirius pushed his plate away.

"Have you seen Asteria round?" Remus asked.
"Not today, why?"
"Well just if you guys aren't eating then she probably isn't either. Don't you think?" He pointed out.

Remus was, as usual, correct.

"Go and see Madam Pomfrey, she'll be able to mend you in a heartbeat." Lily repeated over and over but still Asteria refused to listen. Most likely because Madam Pomfrey would know Asteria hadn't been eating and she hadn't been eating because she was becoming an illegal animagi. Not that Lily currently knew any of this.

"I'll just go and have a nap and then I'll be fine. There's really no need to go to the hospital wing." Asteria brushed it off.
"Fine, whatever... I'm going to head to the library to revise. You know I haven't even started revising for Potions." Lily grumbled.

"Like you need to revise for Potions." Asteria muttered, "Speaking of which, you could always help me revise." She suggested.
"I thought you were taking a nap?"
"I don't need a nap, I need to pass these exams."