Chapter Sixty Two

"Isn't it weird to think that in ten months we'll have finished all of our time at Hogwarts?" Remus pondered as the marauders walked down the train carriage with pep in their step that particular morning

As usual, James Potter has taken the lead but now there was a real reason for it. Hung on his robe was a badge that simply nobody, least of all James himself, had expected him to be awarded.

Head Boy.

If this didn't get Lily to see he had changed then nothing would and James might as well just give up.

Sirius smirked, "I think there's a speck of dirt on your badge."

Gasping, James halted the group and began ferociously wiping at his badge with fabric from his robes. "Is it gone? Is it gone?" He asked, shoving the sparkling badge in his friend's eyes.

"Yes it's gone. I also think my vision has gone too." Remus grumbled, pushing James' hand away.
"At least if you're blind you don't have to look at it any more." Peter muttered and Sirius chuckled in reply.

James frowned at his friends, "There wasn't any dirt on it to begin with... Was there?"

The other three marauders all rolled their eyes in unison before continuing to push James down the corridor in search of Lily and Asteria.

"And here they are..." Lily greeted the boys as they strode into the small train compartment.

James smirked, holding his hand over the badge pinned neatly into his robes. Noticing this, Asteria chuckled quietly to herself as Lily was the only one unaware of James' new promotion.

Sirius, on the other hand, had made a beeline to sit down beside Asteria. She swung her legs over his lap and rested her chin on his shoulder, peering down at the peculiar book he was grasping. Sirius rubbed the fabric of her tights between his fingers as the two snuggled together.
Over the course of the summer Sirius had only spent about half of his time actually with James as he commonly travelled down to visit Asteria at her home during the holidays.

"What are you doing?" Lily asked suspiciously, narrowing her eyes at James as the boy sat down beside her.

"Nothin'" He mused happily.

Lily turned her attention away from the boy to the rest of the group, "Does anybody know who made Head Boy? If I'm going to be spending a lot of time with them I hope we get along."

Remus smirked, "Oh I'm sure you'll get along."
James, Sirius, and Peter snickered at this.

"Who is it?" Lily pushed.

Asteria rolled her eyes at the boys, "Stop winding her up."
Flustered, Lily turned on the girl, "You know who it is? Why am I the only one who doesn't?"

"Because I asked them to keep it a secret."

"What?" Lily frowned, starting to grow nervous of the situation.