Chapter Thirty Seven

"A very successful mission, don't you think?" Asteria grinned and turned to face Sirius as they sat in front of the Black Lake

"I think that cupboard gave me asthma there was so much dust in it." Sirius grumbled, "Does my hair still look good?"

She laughed, "Your hair always looks impeccable. Seriously though, do you use a spell to make it defy gravity like that?"
Sirius swatted Asteria's hand away as she twirled a strand of his hair between her fingers, "Trade secret." He winked.

Asteria leant back on her hands as she stared out at the water gently lapping at the shore. Her eyes followed the sunlight dancing on the water's surface, creating a diamond-like appearance. Sirius watched the way Asteria's eyes lit up and a small smile emerged on her face, smiling himself at the sight.

"Have you ever tried braiding your hair?" Asteria asked, turned to face Sirius with a mischievous smirk plastered on her lips now.

Sirius coughed slightly, "No. I'm afraid to ask why."
"...And what exactly is the chance of me being able to put a braid in your hair?" She raised an eyebrow.
"Never. Going. To. Happen." Sirius moved away from Asteria warily.

"Oh please! Only a tiny one. I promise it will look great. You can take it out after if you want. Please!" Asteria pleaded, pouting at Sirius.
"No."
"Please?"
"No!"
"Pretty please?"
"Nope."
"With sugar on top?"
"Okay, fine. But you're not allowed to tell anyone about this." Sirius gave in, "Ever." He held up a finger warningly.

"You're going to love it." Asteria laughed, holding her hands on Sirius' cheeks as she pressed a kiss to his lips before shuffling to sit behind him. Sirius rolled his eyes at his own weakness as Asteria began to braid his hair.

"What happens if somebody walks by? What will they think?" Sirius fretted, causing Asteria to giggle to herself.
"They'll think you have even better hair than usual." She replied.
"I'm being serious." He muttered.

"You're always Sirius." Asteria laughed again.
"You're having too much fun with this." Sirius started to shake his head.
"Stop it!" Asteria shrieked, holding onto Sirius' hair to stop the braid falling out, "I thought the whole point of this was to have fun?"

Sirius shook his head again, "As long as you're having fun, I'll suffer."

He would have been lying if he said he didn't enjoy Asteria messing with his hair. He would definitely have been lying if he said he wouldn't do anything to make her laugh.

"There we go. Done." Asteria tied it with a small bobble at the end and leaned back, marvelling at her work, "A nice little side braid for you. I reckon this will be trending around Hogwarts soon enough."