Chapter 3.

Authors Note

Please VOTE && COMMENT Id love some feedback. (:

Anissa's POV

"So what do you want?" I ask the guy I just met a few hours ago.

"Don't they only serve tacos?" Harry answers back staring at the side of the truck where it says PEREZ TACO TRUCK with a confused look on his face.

"Can't you read the menu? They serve more than just tacos," I snap at him with slight annoyance at his stupid question.

"It's in Spanish. I don't know how to read in Spanish," he snaps back pointing at the large menu.

"You don't need to know how to read in Spanish to order what you want to eat." I tell him with annoyance.

He gives me a 'actually you do' kind of look and makes his way towards the coolers on the side of the truck.

Smart ass.

"Okay so I'll just get you some tacos then or maybe a burrito I'm sure you know what that is," I ask him trying my best to hide my impatience.

"Okay I'll have 6 tacos with the meat that looks orangey red," he replies while looking through the cooler and pulling out a corona.

Who the fuck eats 6 tacos at midnight?

"Al pastor. The meat is al pastor." I correct him, "Grab me a corona too white boy." He gives me the finger and does what I ask.

I pay the small man inside the truck he hands me a small stub with a number on it.

"El hombre debe pagar, no la bonita muchacha," the small man tells me while he makes the tacos giving me a small smile.

I laugh at the man's comment. He must have assumed Harry and I were on a date which is why he thought Harry should have paid.

"Le debo," I simply say leaning against the truck since I really do owe Harry.

This seemed to be the only place open at this time of night within walking distance of the resort and with no other people out the man must have been bored until we came along.

"Ya estan los tacos señorita ," he says a few minutes later.

"Gracias y buenas noches," I say giving him a small smile taking the two plates turning to look for Harry. I see him sitting on a bench near a light post checking his blackberry while sipping his corona with a frustrated look on his face.

"Tacos are done," I say lifting the plates up for him to see as I walk towards him.

"Great," he flatly says still looking at his blackberry, this time furiously typing something.

I place his plate of tacos down in the empty spot near him and grab my corona before I have a seat myself.

"You want to eat the tacos here?" He says not looking up from his phone.

"Yea? Where else?" I say while I take a bite out of my 1st taco.

"Let's go to the beach and eat them," he says finally putting his phone back into his black skinny jean pocket.

"No."

"Come on it's a beautiful night and I'd rather not sit on this hard ass bench. It's making my ass numb," he says gesturing towards the beach and standing up.

"Ugh fine," I agree grabbing my corona from the floor and following after him.

It doesn't take long to get to the beach and we quickly find a nice spot near the larger rocks on the sand.

I plop down and start eating the rest of my tacos, Harry doing the same.

We sit there in silence eating.

As I finish off my corona I hear Harry's blackberry go off in his pocket and he let's out a loud sigh.

"Fuuuck," he says reaching into his pocket.

"Can you hold this for me, I don't want sand in my tacos," he asks while handing me the plate.

I guess.

"Hello?" he says into the phone flatly.

"No I didn't get your messages ...I've been busy all day.. I'm not hanging on my phone all day like you," he barks into the phone with annoyance at who ever he's speaking to, " No I haven't gone out to dinner with them yet. I just got here 2 days ago I've got plenty of ti.. Okay yea whatever I'll call him tomorrow. Okay. Okay. Okaaaaay fuck yes okay I'll call them. Bye." He says hitting the call button more then once.

He throws his phone to his side and lays back onto the sand with his hands over his face.

"Your tacos are getting cold," I awkwardly say not really wanting to hold this strangers plate anymore.

He lifts one hand slightly to peer at me with one eye in a way that makes me think he forgot I was even here.

"Thanks," he says grabbing the plate from my hands and sitting up.

"You sound like a popular guy. Messages and phone calls and it isn't even day time," I joke.

"It was my father. He's the only person that thinks of making a business call to his own son at this time and have it be something normal," he says flatly again clearly not wanting to talk about it and I don't push the issue any further.

Not like I give I shit.

I put my garbage together and pull out my phone.

1:05am

Already? I gotta go.

"You speak Spanish fluently?" He asks catching me off guard. I didn't think he heard me since he was sitting on the bench away from the truck.

"Yea I do, it was the 1st language I learned," I answer placing my phone at my side, while I adjust my backpack straps.

"That's cool. I'm suppose to be learning Spanish according to my father since I have this huge meeting with some investors from Mexico next month," he says picking up a taco from his plate.

I stay quiet not caring enough to make a comment.

"So are you going to tell me why those dudes where chasing you earlier?" He asks taking a bite of his taco looking at me intently.

"Because they were," I answer still staring at the ocean.

I don't owe anyone an explanation, especially this guy.

" Come on I told you who I was on the phone with," he offers starting in on another taco.

Fatty.

"I didn't ask," I say standing up wiping off the sand from my butt.

Im ready to go. I've wasted too much time with this guy already. And I really don't feel like having this "let's share our issues" talk with some guy I could give 2 shits about.

He stops eating and looks up at me with confused eyes.

"Where are you going, we aren't done with our tacos," he says lifting his taco up at me.

"Actually I'm done you're not," I say pointing at my empty plate and corona bottle across from him, " I really have to go: it's late, I'm tired. So this was nice and all but bye," I say walking away.

As I make my way off the sand I can feel Harry's eyes burning into the back of my head

Why the hell is he looking at me?

"But you owe me," he says loudly and I turn around and see he has that stupid smirk on his face.

"Not anymore, check your pockets sunshine" I yell back at him waving bye as I continue towards the sidewalk.

"How'd you.." He pulls out the 3 20 dollar bills I slipped into his front pocket while he was laying on the sand with his hands on his face. He wears a look of amazement. He's probably wondering how I did it without him even noticing.

Yes, I am that good journal boy.

Authors Note

Please VOTE && COMMENT Id love some feedback. (: